Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chained SS type B1

Article about: Hi guys. I saw this dagger and would like to have it discussed here. At first sight it looks like it should be. Is there something wrong with this dagger that I'm not seeing? Imo a fine type

I don't have a problem with this tip. Chained daggers actually have these ore narrow tips than any other daggers i see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS type B1
    P
    Many

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    I don't have a problem with this tip. Chained daggers actually have these ore narrow tips than any other daggers i see.
    What are you toughts regarding the gripeagle?

You should ask for a photo of the blade fit aswel, none of the photo`s show this.
    I do agree with some of the members saying that the guy put some time in making the right photo`s.....
    I am not an expert on these eagle fits, but as far as i know you should always be careful if you see chips around that area. Nothing like your other chained dagger(The nice one). Larry once pointed out an eagle not belonging in a certain Eickhorn dagger, so take great care.

regards, Job

?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    You should ask for a photo of the blade fit aswel, none of the photo`s show this.
    I do agree with some of the members saying that the guy put some time in making the right photo`s.....
    I am not an expert on these eagle fits, but as far as i know you should always be careful if you see chips around that area. Nothing like your other chained dagger(The nice one). Larry once pointed out an eagle not belonging in a certain Eickhorn dagger, so take great care.

regards, Job
    Looks like a nice fitting to me...

Chained SS type B1

?

Sellers has sent couple of more pictures which I asked.
    Another one of the eagle. Also of the fitting blade/lower guard.
    And one from the links and wotanknot. Note that the upperlinks to the wotanknot are upside down...
    Seems that it isn't a chain type B1 but a chain type A with Septum in the nose...

Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1

Chain tab connector holes are too wide for a Type A.

The skulls are out of proportion will large Jowl lines in the jaw area for a Type A Skull. Including the sheen effect that repros give off that Nickel does not when cleaned and polished to a shine. The metal properties are opposite. The tabs are near decent repros.

Chained SS type B1 Chained SS type B1 Chained SS type B1

Center ramp Intertwined swastika also out of proportion and not aligned down the center.

Chained SS type B1 Chained SS type B1

Not a big fan of this example as some of it is good and others are not and or very questionable. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry.

Anyway, I don't want to burn the dagger yet. I had positive comment from JR Meda.
    And offcourse we should wait for the extra pictures that I asked.

?

The requested pictures of the chain, bladetip and bolt. These are much clearer.

Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1Chained SS type B1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS type B1  

?

Krisse,

Blade tip looks good now with these pix

pix can be deceiving sometimes, sorry for the confusion on my earlier post

Regards Mac 66.

?

This is a period Type A chain assembly. At one time, the connectors that held the upper links to the Wotan's knot wore out or broke, it appears. You can see extensive wear to the holes in those upper links, and the eyelets of the Wotan's knot. Indicating that this dagger was worn extensively by its owner. Those upper thin connectors were replaced or repaired at some time. They have been installed the opposite of what would be proper for this component. Like most Type A's, the original burnishing has worn thin on both the centerband and the links themselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast