Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s

Article about: Just thought I would post this for reference and discussion.

?

Default Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s

Just thought I would post this for reference and discussion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s   Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s  

Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s   Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Check this out! This came from Mohawk Arms and sold in the early 90s
    P
    Many

Interesting piece.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Interesting piece.........!
    What's your take on it Steve?

?

That is a nice Robi Klass Multifunction Pocket Knife. The SS Dagger Rune is placed nicely in stag bone handle. The Himmler Letter by Donald Brownlow is pretty cool. It would be nice to know more on him as part of the army. We all know when it comes to Goring, Himmler & Hitler everyone's "Collector's Senses" start tingling when pieces associated with them come up. I personally like it but have no clue to authenticity of Himmler Home find. Thanks for sharing pictures Anzel. The thought of it maybe being from Himmler's home is creepy and cool at the same time but how do we know?
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-18-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Much like Rossi said above, these are my thoughts
    as well. I find it interesting that there is a cap lifter
    on there, and at one time possibly, a bail.

It could just as easily be a scout/camp knife 5 or
    10 years either way of the Third Reich era
    that has been embelished.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

A bit of a "Hound-Dawg" question but ......
    Without the provenance, under normal circumstances, do you think that the knife would have been passed over as a fantasy piece by most ?

?

Most likely Gary I think you are spot on. For the right price at auction without the provenance I might have bought it. I think the provenance while it intrigues me might have scared me away farther away at auction. The SS were very dedicated to their cause. I could see a solider putting a rune on his pocket knife. I could also see a loon attaching a rune as a fantasy piece too. If we had Himmler carving a block of wood with his pocket knife with his nephew in a photo along with the letter then we might have something

Quote by Gary J View Post
    A bit of a "Hound-Dawg" question but ......
    Without the provenance, under normal circumstances, do you think that the knife would have been passed over as a fantasy piece by most ?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

This is one of those knives that could be changed into a TR knife very easily.
    Klaas had their emblems on the same spot, remove it and put a SS runesbutton in and Voila!!
    Add a paper where you found this, and of course its a real famous person...im at least a bit sceptical, LOL
    TjingTjing!!
    Regards,
    Ger

Also interesting that the US Major appears to have used an SS keyboard to type the "SS" rune characters in his note?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Was there a Major Donald Brownlow and if there was, Did he bring this back and write this affidavit? It is simple enough to find the name of a likely deceased WWII Veteran and use it as "proof" in a statement. Personally, I cannot imagine a fastidious little prig like Himmler approving of such a use of the SS runes. He was very anal about the runes. And would he be caught dead carrying around a silly camping pocket knife in his pocket? He, a Very prestigious man who had a large personal solid silver serving set of flatware just to eat off of with? Sounds like someone who would be fooling around with a gauche cheap looking knife and drilling out a spot on the grip to put a dagger rune button in it? Somehow, I doubt it..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast