MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty

Article about: Hi guys, I am enclosing a couple of pics. of my SS dagger. I am not particularly fond of it nowadays. I guess someone along the way tried to alter this one. Please note the engraved number a

Angry Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty

Hi guys, I am enclosing a couple of pics. of my SS dagger. I am not particularly fond of it nowadays. I guess someone along the way tried to alter this one. Please note the engraved number at the crossguards and the SS carved runic insignia. Thanks for your comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty   Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty  

Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty   Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty  

Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty   Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty  

Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty
    P
    Many

Default Re: Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty

If you are not found of it these days, you should sell it to me.

I like it..

Brian

Hi, sorry to say, it does have a lot of problems:

The dagger does not belong to that scabbard; note the very bad fit.

You already mentioned the non regulation SS runes to the retaining screw. Not good.

The grip has been repainted black and the runic button is a replacement.

The crossguards appear to be later zink ones which have had most of the plating removed.

If the serial number is original, it should be on the reverse side, but the crossguard might have been turned around. It is unusual to find a serial number on a later RZM quality dagger. The order to number daggers was shortlived and they are usually found on earlier daggers.

So, all in all, a messed with parts dagger. Sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: Customized SS ??? just ruined its original beauty

Brian, thanks for the thumbs up comment but I really shared the post cause I had my own mixed feelings about this frankenstein. Hence the detailed pics. I bought it in my home country (in South America) 20 years ago being a teenager and the dealer was not that honest to me (as I slowly came to discover with other items that turned to be repros). He even asked 200$ extra compared to an exact untouched dagger, just for the serial and ss runes that were different in this one. And with great ignorance I agreed...
    Ade, you deserve all my respect, and am happy to have you around the forum any time doubts are shared. THANKS man, honestly. I guess under these circumstances it must be hard to put a reasonable price on Frankie, donĀ“t you think?

I figured it was a put together dagger, but some people care, I do not, as it would just hang off a tunic, would never resell it.

If you decide to sell it, please do let me know.

thanks
    Brian