Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau

Article about: Have been posting about a legacy from my Dad (Dad's Dachau Stuff), and have been encouraged to enquire about the provenance/owner of this dagger. I'm told that someone has a list of serial n

?

Default A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau

Have been posting about a legacy from my Dad (Dad's Dachau Stuff), and have been encouraged to enquire about the provenance/owner of this dagger. I'm told that someone has a list of serial numbers? Sorry about the quality of the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau   A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau  

A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau   A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau  

A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau   A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A dagger my Dad brought back from Dachau
    P
    Many

I have not seen one of these with a SR# on it. It will be interesting to see what the experts say about it. I wonder who it belong too if it can be traced. It is a very nice dagger you have there.
    Just my thoughts this morning.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

With reference to the SR# 100 554, I located this list yesterday but it appears incomplete as this number is not included. Perhaps someone else has a more complete resource.

Numery cz

Jeff

?

Maybe Ross.K will be able to help you find your SS man: Research Service for the Identification of Schutzstaffel Numbers - Home

Regards Mac 66.

HI john..thanks for posting your dagger here. Gottlieb Hammesfahr is the SS producer. Not all SS daggers had the SS manns number on the crossguard...personal preference...most widely traceable are low numbers..and becomes hit and miss with the 6 digit numbers. Mac66 has provided an excellent link to SS researcher Ross Kelbaugh who can pull more information from something..that seems so impossible to track.
    The blade has some large water marks ..which can not be removed..yet the Roman numeral III SS district Stamp on the front lower crossguard designates Berlin as the distribution point of SS daggers producers were ordered to send to. See the link Below for additional SS Producers and SS district stampings

SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

Other than that..you have a half decent SS dagger..which all fittings and markings are correct for this maker. Thanks for showing. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

not a bad one like it.

Hi John, it would be worth the investment to have the number researched.

Nice dagger, I love numbered ones.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: it is back to front in the scabbard.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Eek! Back to front in the scabbard!! Ade's favourite hate!