Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A dodgy SS dagger?

Article about: I was browsing different websites looking for bargains (as you do) and came across this SS dagger. It is not cheap but not as expensive as you would think. The thing that has got me question

?

Default A dodgy SS dagger?

I was browsing different websites looking for bargains (as you do) and came across this SS dagger. It is not cheap but not as expensive as you would think. The thing that has got me questioning it is the maker mark on the blade, after doing some searching I could not find a similar example.

It is advertised as a 1933 pattern SS parade dagger and does say the blade is a period replacement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A dodgy SS dagger?   A dodgy SS dagger?  

A dodgy SS dagger?   A dodgy SS dagger?  

A dodgy SS dagger?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A dodgy SS dagger?
    P
    Many

Default Re: A dodgy SS dagger?

The Alexanader Coppel Co...."Alcoso" pretty much had their hands full in making many daggers for many branches of the Third Reich. Most widley seen on Armys Luftwaffe...Govt. official daggers..and quite a few more. None were made for the SA nor the SS. The logo itself is cheaply done and quite sloppy in definition. A poor fitted parts dagger with the SS motto that appears to be above the center ridge line of the blade.
    Amazingly weathermen make near 100K a year and all i have to do is look out the window and guess the same thing. Im glad you posted it here as collectors need to see the difference of what is good and bad,,by reading our archives and comparing information to our pinned threads. Dont waste your time and money on this one. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-21-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Alcoso never made SS dagger blades-replacement or not. The grip is a terrible fit to the guards and the engraving looks absolutely terrible quality-nothing even remotely up to SS quality-late war or early.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Blimey someones been busy with a dremel in the garden shed

?

Thanks guys I thought something looked dodgy, just had to be sure.

?

Funny thing is that on the Dutch market i've also seen some SS partsdaggers with then same Alcoso logo.
    So new stock SS partsdaggers with fakeblades are comming our way

Cheers,
    Ger

Hardly done with a dremel, but yes the Alcoso maker maker mark is pitifully bad (regardless of whether they ever made blades for these or not), but if I had found something like this without the benefit of the internet I would still just walk the other way just based on that. Here's an Alcoso maker mark on a Luft dress bayonet, which is way down the food chain from an SS dagger...

A dodgy SS dagger?