Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early M 36 with B 1 chain

Article about: I would like to show you another M 36 in extraordinary and complette untouched condition, which belongs to a small ss-grouping of a former Sturmbannführer. It's a textbook dagger with a rare

Default Early M 36 with B 1 chain

I would like to show you another M 36 in extraordinary and complette untouched condition, which belongs to a small ss-grouping of a former Sturmbannführer. It's a textbook dagger with a rare teardrop-hanger, belonging to that dagger. The hanger is marked SS 48 (producer)/36 (year of production) and RZM in a circle.

Regards

Stefan
    Early M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chainEarly M 36 with B 1 chain

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early M 36 with B 1 chain
    P
    Many

Honestly.........i have never sEen a dagger so complete,and untouched.......it looks like a time capsule. Thanks for sharing. It is wonderful. 😍

a great example.

After a number of experiences good and bad, I normally tend to be cautious, and with a completely untouched piece I would expect some more consistency with the patina. With my own personal phase two being a really good closeup look at why it might be lacking for one reason or another, on both the front and the rear of all of the components. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Stefan... a nicely conditioned B1 for sure..and more so impressed by the SS marked Teardrop hanger...very rare find. I have to agree with Fred..as far as the patina is concerned. These early nickel guards will patina nicely..but never darken to the extent of being blackened..and why only one guard?

Is there a possible metal composition other than what we know about how nickel reacts to environmental conditions over the last 80yrs? I know depending upon the nickel content....which some of these guards will take on a slightly toned yellowish hue. Other than that... we see late crossguards with plating removed..revealing the pot metal beneath. These guards are not that. I can not explain why this lower guard being nickel..if it is......is darkened.

Overall the dagger has a tight crossguard to grip fit.

Below is an example of high content nickel that has reacted over the decades. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M 36 with B 1 chain  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the replies,

I have no idea why the lower crossguard has darkened so much. On the photos it's more extreme than in reality. The upper crossguard has a light darkening as well. The dagger itself comes from the grandson of the former owner together with other items. The dagger seems to be never apart. All screws with no damage, perfect fit. Perhaps these crossguards have lower content of nickel.

Regards

Stefan

Two photos of the lower crossguard from the scabbard side, where the crossguard is protected by the scabbard. Here we have the more yellowish colour of patina.

Regards

Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M 36 with B 1 chain   Early M 36 with B 1 chain  

?

Stefan,

Nice looking chained SS dagger

Regards Mac 66

?

It is a bit odd looking that the lower guard has build a much richer patina then the rest of the dagger, one reason could be a higher level of silver then the upper guard.
    Nice you showed us a shot of the underside of the guard where it was protected and that shows us a normal patina, i like it.
    It also shows that the fit is very tight.
    Other then the color change its a darn sharp looking set with a lovely fit!!

Ger

Museum class M36 with a known provenance. Almost impossible to upgrade.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast