Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr

Article about: As far as I can see, it may have been harshly cleaned, judging from the marks on the blade and no crosshatching visible. And, of course, the runes button has been tinkered with, but most lik

As far as I can see, it may have been harshly cleaned, judging from the marks on the blade and no crosshatching visible. And, of course, the runes button has been tinkered with, but most likely, as discussed, a period done job. A fine hairline crack above it of no consequence-likely occurred when the runes were played with or from retightening the nut too much over the years. Nice earlier Nickel fittings and a Berlin distribution mark. Anodized sheath-missing most of it's lacquer, but not unusual. It does have the ball smushed, though, which would affect the value, of course. Aside from the alteration, the grip looks to be decent enough, but the eagle may possibly have either been replaced or reset, as there looks to be some gaps around the edges of it, but again, if it has been, it looks to have been done some quite long time ago. Not a super great wood fit to the lower guard but no red flag. Motto etching looks good. Tang nut unmangled -which is nice to see that it hasn't been torn apart a hundred times as usual.
    So, what are your concerns? Not a big ticket Model 33, but good. Does it have a good price? You would need a hanger set for it and that would add some to the price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr
    P
    Many

?

Ger,

This SS dagger has been discussed before

SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr

Regards Mac 66.

and I thought getting old was tough
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Darn, missed that one completely Mac

and Larry whats old anyway? LOL
    being busy with buying part of a collection:6x early SA daggers and an early Heer Slant, and winning an Alcoso Heer Slant, this one slipped thru..sorry!
    Its indeed the same dagger.
    Thx for kicking the dust from my eyes ......to much daggers to buy and less sleep then needed, slowly soften the brains or is it the single malt hmmmmmmmmmmm

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    too much daggers to buy and less sleep then needed, slowly soften the brains
    I Hate When That Happens

looking forward to some new goodies..post them soon
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ger,

Brain farts happen buddy

6 early SAs, lets see them

Cheers Mac 66.

?

6 early SA's and 2x slant Heers and 1x navy imperial marine dagger
    The japanese marine dagger just dropped on the doorstep, lovely one well marked with the marine acceptance stamp and the owner or vet carved in his initials also, almost perfect blade so im delighted

i will post the Jap.Imp.marine dagger tomorrow Gents!

The SA and Heer dagger deal is closed starting on next tuesday they will be shipped in 3 separate parcels, so you all have to be a bit patient, it will take 14 days before i will have them, but some rare makers will be there

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Ger,

I like it except for the twisted SS :-/
    Can it be corrected ?
    My I so indiscreet as to ask, what a reasonably price would be for it ?

Mfg
    Marc

?

Marc ask me on monday again
    Then i know if im in the picture, im not on front row with my bid but spending 5K in one day is enough, hahahaha
    Misses thinks i buy them all for 200 a piece, hahahahhaa

Omg glad i do the banking here...

Ger

Ha ha, know the feeling, happy she doesn't count my EK's :-))

Mfg
    Marc

Ps hope you get it anyway ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast