Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Early M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr

Article about: As far as I can see, it may have been harshly cleaned, judging from the marks on the blade and no crosshatching visible. And, of course, the runes button has been tinkered with, but most lik

Hi Marc..the twisted runes is perfectly acceptable..as this was done by the SS mann himself. No need to move the runes back to correct position...or history will be altered. As seen in a prior thread here. regards Larry

SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early M33 Gottlieb Hammersfahr
    P
    Many

?

Ger lay off the whisky & get a grip of the task in hand!!! lol..Looking forward to seeing these new daggers & the Jap dirk....Cheers Terry.

?

well Terry you brought it yourself so what else can i do honouring your visit better then drinking your single Malt

Ive posted the japanese Imperial Naval Dagger, enjoy it!
    Japanese Imperial Naval Dagger

Cheers Ger

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Marc..the twisted runes is perfectly acceptable..as this was done by the SS mann himself. No need to move the runes back to correct position...or history will be altered. As seen in a prior thread here. regards Larry

SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr
    Hi Larry,
    You are right, but it is desturbing to my eye :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

?

Interesting info about period owners popping out the rune 'button' and altering the angle for Wear.

Also looking forward to seeing the Japanese Imperial dagger.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Interesting info about period owners popping out the rune 'button' and altering the angle for Wear.
    I would say more turning the runes button by the thumb as any extraction..would leave some type of damage of the wood. Many period examples are seen turned with no disress seen around the circumference of the button.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Hi Larry,
    You are right, but it is desturbing to my eye :-)
    Mfg
    Marc
    I agree! I might be fussy, but I don't like the looks of the twisted buttons either! But then again, I've always liked the looks of the vertical hangers...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3