Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Article about: Hi, firends. I want to buy this early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr. The seller wants to receive for him \\$3500. What can you tell concerning this dagger? It is original early SS dagger

Default Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Hi, firends.
    I want to buy this early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr.
    The seller wants to receive for him $3500.
    What can you tell concerning this dagger? It is original early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr?
    Thanks.

Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

Hello , I am no dagger expert so wait for more informed opinions but for me this one looks as though it may have been taken apart or made from parts. The blade is immaculate yet the handle has several pieces of wood missing, the way the missing parts look suggests to me that the "nut" was over tightened and caused pieces to split off. Leon.

Hi Vlad..Im not too comfortable with the grip eagle..which appears quite shiney...and the runes button itself is set too low. Hammesfahr runes buttons are closer to the top guard....and also looks like it is upside down.. completely turned.

the scabbard..is a recent repaint. Not too sure of the producers logo also. Some uncomfortable things going on with this dagger..and I would advise to be cautious..and read up on it a little more. $35 to $3500..it doesnt make a difference..its still money..and would rather be comfortable what is expected of an early Hammesfahr. These particular daggers are becoming like the Teno Officer daggers..and are getting more difficult to distinguish. IMO Vlad walk away..save your money..its better to have a little breath than no breath at all.

This dagger does not conform to an early SS dagger..let alone a Hammesfahr SS. JMO. Study up..but one not for my collection. Regards Larry

The district stamp looks a bit odd..appearing to be a III..and then a deeper "I" on top of it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Im totally not comfortable with the crossgrain this blade has, looking at it magnified it looks like artificial.
    Looking at the grain below the word Treue it differs in form and appearance, it looks laser etched to the blade.
    Compare it with one of my blades, i tried to capture genuine untouched crossgrain.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Early SS dagger from Gottlieb HammesfahrEarly SS dagger from Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Friends, I thank you for your answers.
    Thanks