Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)

Article about: -- Hello everyone. Just joined the forum and pleased to meet fellow enthusiasts! I recently purchased the first item of my now growing collection of German treasures. I'm now hooked on the h

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Often seen on Klaas daggers.

Schön dich hier zu treffen
    Me too, "Old Fox" !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)
    P
    Many

?

Nice dagger man congrats!

-- Thanks for all your replies gentlemen. I retook pics outside on an overcast day as suggested and I think these pics will do the piece more justice. I did go through a lengthy list of checks for authenticity before purchasing so I'm quite confident the piece is wholly original (at least I hope it is, lol).

Hi Medium..great pics and the anodized scabbard is thinning a bit..if you get a chance..take a soft cotton only cloth..and just wipe the scabbard down to remove hand prints and smudging seen. Nothing else need to remove that..except a gentle TLC rub Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Klaas is one of my favorite makers of TR edged weapons!
    Thanks for showing your nice Klaas dagger.

Ger

Hello all I just bought one of these daggers and I did Google Goggles image search and it brought me here and I wanted to show you guys mine and Oates I used to never go on mine but I didn't take all of the tarnish off so I'm going to try to post the picture I'll stop polishing it now lol

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Hard to tell,how it was done. But here is a close up from one of mine,which was disappeared from market since the 50's.
    I assume, it was darkened with a kind of protection coat,see pics attached.
    Welcome to the dark side

Regards,
    Gerd
    Just FYI, this motto darkening has been redone......this is not period burnishing at all. Sorry for the bad news.

Thoughts Red..on why you think this may not be period?... I have seen this process with a few cottage maker SA Producers. It shows the same lifting of the black enamel. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No SS maker ever used burnishing that appears in this way. Yes burnishing does wear, and normally in similar patterns, but the material in this motto is not original to the period to begin with. It looks very similar to many that I see that have been redone.Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)Early SS Dagger by Robert Klass (my 1st purchase)

I also think that the motto has been redone post war. It's pretty obvious if you look at the pictures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast