Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...

Article about: Hi all, Someone emailed me about selling this Eickhorn double TM SS Dagger and I'd like to get some opinions. It is in near mint condition, which would make it a great one to get my hands on

?

Default Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...

Hi all,

Someone emailed me about selling this Eickhorn double TM SS Dagger and I'd like to get some opinions. It is in near mint condition, which would make it a great one to get my hands on if its genuine.

Thoughts??

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 militaria, including German SS Daggers.
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-28-2012 at 04:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eickhorn Double TM SS Dagger for opinions...

Wow, that is a very nice SS dagger. The crossgraining is very evident on the blade which is always a nice feature. I am a big fan of Eickhorn, they have the best blades and the most creative logo.

Not sure the leather is original to the dagger, it doesn't seem to reflect the condition of the dagger/sheath. Possibly an add on? Nonetheless, it is a beautiful piece.

Default Re: Eickhorn Double TM SS Dagger for opinions...

"Not all that glitters is gold" This is one of these examples that needs a closer in hand inspection.,,mostly in the grip and crossguard area. The caster marks would say alot along with the inside of the grip. To make an investment like this,, (( and almost the price of a used car)) I think you deserve a closer look and not to take for granted that its Ok. Hopefully who ever this is coming from,,.. is a "REPUTABLE" source and would not mind to oblige you in your requests, or gaurantee you of a full return, if not satisfied!!
    I am absolutely sure that either 1 of 2 price ranges could apply. With this being brand new looking with the exception of light runner marks and a couple of dings painted over on the grip,,( which is a repaint IMO ) The first price might be offered starting at $4000...then the other price could be one of those "to good to be true " prices being offered at $2500,,,then I say run away!! Not for a brand new transitional. Find out the asking price and say "Show me the dagger facts",, a big investment deserves great customer service. If your request is denied?......then better to walk away than to be sorry. Remember,, this is not the only SS dagger,, and sometimes whether its good or not,, it is best to trust in your gut feeling, since you somewhat expressed a little doubt in your last sentence.
    Keep this in mind also....with this RZM code being a transitional 941/38 SS,,, the word "Original" is missing from the top of the Eickhorn logo in your photos. Larry
    The English / German word for "original "is the same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...  
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-28-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Re: Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...

This person that emailed you's name wouldn't happen to be Pawel Nowak, would it? Is the name included in the list posted here of aliases that he uses or email addresses?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    This person that emailed you's name wouldn't happen to be Pawel Nowak, would it? Is the name included in the list posted here of aliases that he uses or email addresses?
    Dzyner sent me a pm earlier, and I must say that after hearing the asking price on this dagger, I think there is a very real possibility that this is indeed the workings of Pawel. He has used SS daggers as a means of tricking collectors before.

Corey

He usually lists SS daggers at $400 or $600, or something stupid like that.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi guys, thanks for the great feedback!

Larry, it is my understanding that these transitional Eickhorn dagger blades should actually NOT include the word "original" above the Eickhorn logo. Am I mistaken? Or perhaps some did, some did not?

I assure you this isn't the work of Pewel. He's contacted me before so I know his style. Whenever I deal with items like this (high ticket items) I generally ask for very specific photos to prove they actually have the item in their possession. In my experience Pewel's "M.O." is to use photos pulled from the internet so requesting very specific photos (e.g. a close shot of the under side of the lower cross guard) is a pretty good way to tell whether or not someone is for real.

?

Ok guys, I received more shots (better shots). The ones I originally posted had to be enhanced quite a bit because they were dark. These were taken in the daylight by the owner so they're much more detailed! Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

These new pictures have exposed an unfortunate truth. The cross guard and pommel fits are very poor and uneven. This is a tale tell sign that the dagger has been Reassembled with mismatched parts. Some of these replacement pieces may not even be original SS dagger parts but only reproductions. I would pass on this dagger, it has been messed with. I'm sure Larry can point out other problems as well.

Corey

Let me start off by saying to you Dyzner that I am not attacking you personally,, but only in reference to this dagger and the seller as there are concerns.

(Quote= Dyzner) Someone emailed me about selling this Eickhorn double TM SS Dagger and I'd like to get some opinions. It is in near mint condition, which would make it a great one to get my hands on if its genuine. (End quote)
    (IF ITS GENUINE) There is a question of Authenticity so this is the reason why we are here,, to challenge and discern the differences in period types.

For one the dagger has been opened like most SS daggers,,,but this one being a "minty mint dagger" that looks like it was in a time capsule all of a sudden has swirl marks on the top! Why would of this been opened and for what reason? As far as the logo is concerned I would encourage more opinions and supportive documentation on this type of logo for 1938. If I am to be proven wrong,, then I accept that. Lets hear it! ( Wittmanns SS book is good reading for starters and then an endless sea of web links) ...The grip I am not changing my mind on... the runes button is original..and it really helped me decide the fate of the grip. I will not go into detail about that! Since this has already been opened and the seller has obliged you with more photos ((May I also ask what the selling price may be for this jewel?)) I am sure a clean and mint example like this would make a great example in a reference book and should fetch a high dollar amount! $3500? or more?
    I encourage more opinions on this topic, as I should not have the last word. What are other collectors feelings and findings on this besides those who have already commented, but those who have already commented are still welcome. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast