MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Every piece tells a story

Article about: I just had to show this one. It's one that will never turn up ever again, and in this day and age of the internet and everyone knows everything, it was a refreshing change to get a phone cal

Default Every piece tells a story

I just had to show this one. It's one that will never turn up ever again, and in this day and age of the internet and everyone knows everything, it was a refreshing change to get a phone call last Monday to view a few daggers that had just been "discovered"!

The story is, and it is a true story. An Army Captain during the last war was heavily involved in the round up of certain German leaders at the close of hostilities. during his "round ups" he liberated a few items as mementos.
    He lived here on the Island and when he retired he settled back into "normal life"

Sadly he died in the late 60’s, and the items lay in a wardrobe in the bedroom and although the son took over the house, never thought to inquire about these daggers (unbelievable right!) They languished long forgotten until the son died this year. The remaining family were clearing the house, and discovered a few items.
    They were:
    This SS boker in absolute mint condition, the blade is mouth-watering, deep black etch, crisp details, and NEVER been in a collection AND never been apart. The scabbard retains about 80% of it's original finish, and you can see where a vertical hanger had once been fitted. I will never get another like it,
    There was also a WKC Navy fouled anchor and dolphin blade (mint) and a DRK hewer, again mint, a building flag, 2 EK's a party badge, and a Army side cap, with removed soutache.

They were not cheap, as my offer to them reflected what I believed their worth is, and when they had picked themselves up from the floor, the deal was struck. They really had no idea what they had

To me it's not about selling, it's the chase and the catch, money is incidental , they are not cheap, but then again find another! The term "out of the woodwork" is used far too loosely IMO, however this time the term literally fits!

They are the most sweetest- un-molested decorative daggers from the 3rd Reich period, I have ever had the pleasure to own in my entire collecting/dealing life.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Every piece tells a story   Every piece tells a story  

Every piece tells a story   Every piece tells a story  

Every piece tells a story   Every piece tells a story  

Every piece tells a story  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Every piece tells a story
    P
    Many

An early untouched Boker...Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's the way John! Is it for sale out of interest?

Cheers Matty 😎

Bravo John...love these Cinderella stories..with a long untouched history and a happy ending . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Two thumbs up for me. I e for the blade, the other for the story. And nice to see you did well by the seller.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Congrats. Beautiful Boker!

What a catch... Amazing fit to the parts!

Congratulations!

?

Makes me think of all the historical items that still ends up in the garbage when ignorant relatives throw away anything without checking what it is.

Congrats with some great pieces.

Lovely honest pickup John, Every militaria collectors dream ! just goes to show that 70 years after the event these items are still out there to be discovered ,Cheers ,Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast