Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake ss dagger database

Article about: Hi SS dagger collectors. For long time now I'm playing with the idea to make a thread regarding Fake SS daggers. Goal of this topic is, to post and discuss all fake SS daggers that you come

?

This is an SS dagger with a Josef Wolf marked blade.

If you compare the inscription from this dagger with the inscription of the Rumosu dagger above you can see that it is the exact same kind of lettering.
    This maker is written in Wittmann's and Ralf Siegert's book to be a possible maker of SS daggers but it's never proved.

Points of attention:

-grip with bad fitted insignia. Especially the eagle.
    -the Wolf logo
    -the Roman number I on the lower guard which is to fat.
    -the inscription on the blade.
    -bad shape of grip itself with bad fittings grip/guards.

No good dagger here!

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake ss dagger database
    P
    Many

?

Nice thread Kris!
    Continu the good work here M8!

Ger

?

Another very clear fake dagger posted here recently, this Gottlieb Hammesfahr.
    Almost everything on this dagger is fake. The only things that are genuine are the topscrew and the guards but these are for SA usage.

Points of attention:

-grip with fake SS button. Ealge may be good but certainly not belonging in this grip.
    -fake blade with laseretched text and logo.
    -later scabbard with plated fittings which also might be fake. (I'll leave that in the middle) But plated fittings certainly does not belong to an early makermarked dagger.

Bogus dagger here!

Fake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger databaseFake ss dagger database

What is also good to see is that the „T“ in Treue is set slightly higher than the rest. Seen those blades at Traders Of The Lost Surplies in California.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Krisse,

Great information, thanks for sharing. I have a question regarding what you mentioned about the Solingen Blades..

When you mentioned that a bunch of leftover Solingen blades were bought up, were the blades left over from WW2?, and were they already engraved, or were these engraved and RZM markings added after?

Hope this is not a stupid question, just was curious since I hear a lot about parts daggers being constructed out of excess original parts, such as blades after the war, and of course the repro daggers that are being made today...

Great information by the way..

Smitty
    Regarding your question, these blades are still for sale on some shows and small sale exchanges,over here in Germany. They almost offered as " left over factory stock ". Some bad,but also some excellent blades. I've seen some very fine Ss Röhm blades,sold for 350€. If you look around for SS RÖHM,you'll almost find Eickhorn blades and many with CoA.
    One of the big boys bought around 20 HERDER A.S. SS BLADES many years ago, in the town of Solingen!
    And yes,many daggers were built together post war.
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Last edited by kreta1961; 01-26-2018 at 11:51 PM.

?

Hi all, what about the distance from crossguard to motto in this last Hammesfahr?

Regards,

Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2