Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake SS-Dienstdolch

Article about: Well lets try one more time. Here are more pictures of my "fake" SS dagger. Everyone still believe that way? If so, it will make a interesting conversational piece. I bought it fro

lawrence
    ?

Default Fake SS-Dienstdolch

Well lets try one more time. Here are more pictures of my "fake" SS dagger. Everyone still believe that way? If so, it will make a interesting conversational piece. I bought it from a Jewish Antique dealer in Wurzberg West Germany in 1985. I thought then it would probably be a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake SS-Dienstdolch   Fake SS-Dienstdolch  

Fake SS-Dienstdolch   Fake SS-Dienstdolch  

2. # ADS

Default re: Fake SS-Dienstdolch

Hi Lawrence
    For some reason the pictures are not enlarging? But from what i see, i stand by my first assumption. It's not one I would be comfortable with, for several reasons, The grip looks too sharp on the chamfers, too much of an angle. There are no pictures of the blade itself, but I've never seen one marked with a date?? Also the screws that hold the bottom ball are too long ( and its unusual, but not impossible, to see the bottom ball undamaged) I could be wrong of course, as a hands on will always confirm, or deny, but I have handled quite a few over the years, gut feeling is usually right. But it would be good to hear other opinions

gar
    ?

Im with John on this one too, never ever seen a date on one and even saying that the date looks very untidy, sorry but would say fake

Hi Lawrence

Yust out of interest, could you post a picture of the motto and the blade itself for me?

Greetz

Nick VR

?

the Eagle was dug out and another put in and 1936? what will they do next?

lawrence
    ?

Default Fake SS Dagger

Here are some more pictures. I always wondered about the date on the tang of the blade. Why would the counterfeiters go through the trouble to emboss the date on the tang? Seems a waste of effert.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake SS-Dienstdolch   Fake SS-Dienstdolch  

?

There some of the very good made copies, but mostly they can be recognized by assimetrical blade shape
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

SS Ring Man
    ?

Well at lest thay spelled it right

?

they go to a lot of trouble to sell these things

Hi Lawrence

You asked me what I tought of this dagger by mail, all I can say is that on an SS item one red flag is one to many...

Greetz

Nick VR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast