Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello! I recently purchased this at a garage sale and am just wondering if its real or a replica of some sort. Ill post better pics this evening so you can have a better look. Thanks!!

Default German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?

Hello! I recently purchased this at a garage sale and am just wondering if its real or a replica of some sort. Ill post better pics this evening so you can have a better look.

Thanks!!German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?
    German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?
    Last edited by jvazq25; 02-06-2015 at 10:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Better photos would be required, including photos of the blade and inscription...Is there a marking on the cross-guard? So far I don't see anything that screams fake...No scabbard?
    cheers, Glenn

Here are a few more pics sorry that my lighting is not the best!German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?

Unless I'm missing something, it appears to be an original SS Dagger...No marking on the cross-guard?
    cheers, Glenn

?

Isn't that makers mark supposed to be up the other way, I would say reproduction.

Hi Glenn, no there are no markings on the cross guard

Hi ,just my 10p's worth, I thought that markings on SS crossguards (I, II ,III ) ended on later RZM daggers ,The same as for SA Gau markings. Back to this Dagger not sure that the M in RZM should be touching a complete circle , cheers Paul

These RZM 120 -121 types are read with the tip facing downward ...great catch Duska see this thread below for comparison

German SS RZM Dagger Real or Fake?

For these early types the Roman numerals I II III are commonly seen on these...another great catch guys. The crossguards appear in the photos as late or even recent. Fortunately if this was acquired at a garage sale...I am hopeful you paid a garage sale price. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks everyone for the input! Obviously I was shooting for it to be authentic but am not really worried if it's not as I only paid $10 dollars for the peice and don't have any intention in selling it regardless!

looks like you hit the jackpot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast