Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?

Article about: Hey guys, I am looking for some opinions on this dagger. I really don't have too many concerns over the dagger itself...just the scabbard (of course comment on the dagger as well, but to me

Default Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?

Hey guys,

I am looking for some opinions on this dagger. I really don't have too many concerns over the dagger itself...just the scabbard (of course comment on the dagger as well, but to me everything looks good)

Don't these style scabbards usually only go with High Leader SS daggers??? I have been able to find them with oak leaves/acorns on the metal or a 2nd border on them...but this one has normal scabbard fittings. Also -- if this is a high leader scabbard, why is the rest of the dagger a regular m33? I appreciate any insight you guys can offer. The person who currently owns it insists the scabbard is original to the dagger. Is this possible? Thanks again!

Pictures:

Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?
    P
    Many

?

Hi, Just for information, incase you did not already know. SS No 10053 relates to SS-Sturmbannführer Alois Braun.

Alois Braun:
    Born: 18-9-1904.
    In 1922 he took part in the ‘Deutschen Tag von Coburg’.
    On 9-11-1923 he took part in the ‘November-Putsch’ in München.
    In 1931 he became a member off the NSDAP(nr. 644.915)and a member off the SS(nr. 10053).
    On 23-8-1933 promoted to SS-Untersturmführer.
    On 30-1-1934 promoted to SS-Obersturm-führer.
    In 1934 he worked within the Staff RF SS and in 1935 he worked within the SS-Hauptamt.
    On 30-1-1936 promoted to SS-Hauptsturmführer.
    On 30-1-1937 promoted to SS-Sturmbannführer.
    In 1938 he worked again within the Staff RF SS.
    Recipient of the Blood Order.

Is the seller of this dagger Pawel Nowak by any chance?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im not jumping up and down clapping my hands about the blade...being a very high ridge type..seen with late RZM types..and current repros...unless..someone else can chime in..give their thoughts..on this blade. What is supposed to represent as an early blade..is totally the opposite in graining..appearing as brushed steel.

Dagger has been opened a few times..and the scabbard covering is very recent. Not one for my collection..JMO. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Oh ...No... Just when we thought is was safe.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gottlieb-Hammesfahr SS Dagger w/ Leather Wrapped Scabbard?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Fake blade-fake crossgraining. The leather is of more recent application-most leather sheaths that you see, the leather is shrinking or faded with 70-80 years of age and decades of handling to it being obvious. All of which shows that the current owner is lying about it when they say that it is original to the dagger. I'm not liking the fit of the crossguard to the sheath throat either. On an early issue Model 33 that has not been upgraded to a chain sheath, the gaps and spaces should not be there. There looks to be a mixture of good parts and bad on this one. Yet another Frankenstein, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Although i hardly ever drink tea, which i think is for sick people, this dagger is centainly Not my cup of tea
    I prefer whisky and coffee, like all real man

Ger

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Fake blade-fake crossgraining. The leather is of more recent application-most leather sheaths that you see, the leather is shrinking or faded with 70-80 years of age and decades of handling to it being obvious. All of which shows that the current owner is lying about it when they say that it is original to the dagger. I'm not liking the fit of the crossguard to the sheath throat either. On an early issue Model 33 that has not been upgraded to a chain sheath, the gaps and spaces should not be there. There looks to be a mixture of good parts and bad on this one. Yet another Frankenstein, in my opinion.

The wooden handle is also bad.