Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

H. Himmler Eickhorn SS Dagger

Article about: I have been presented with this dagger for sale. I'd be a fool not to post it for opinions. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: H. Himmler Eickhorn SS Dagger

I was going to say also, that in general, a red flag on these seems to be that almost always when you run across one of these "from out of the woodwork", they almost always have horrible condition blades. Easier to disguise small flaws in the fake engraving, I suppose. But, on the lighter side, at least the thief didn't engrave a Minty piece. Nice catch, Larry!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement H. Himmler Eickhorn SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Hello, your no fool. I am no expert, but I have done a little bit of reading on these items. The engraving should be dead centre along the blade and this one appears to be slightly off, although this could be because of the glare of the sun. Please wait for somebody with more knowledge to come along
    Thanks, Glen.
    And hats f to you Glennyboy think we can call you "Eagle eye" now respect to you mate for seeing that
    cheers Ronnie

Thank you Ronnie, that really means a lot to me and it's great to see that I have progressed in this hobby, !
    Thanks, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Thank you Ronnie, that really means a lot to me and it's great to see that I have progressed in this hobby, !
    Thanks, Glen.
    No problem at all mate you deserve it like the saying goes we are here to learn thanks again Glenn ,
    cheers Ronnie

In regards to the Himmler inscription that was posted here for discussion,, by Matt,,aka "Dutchman",,some new information has surfaced on the Authenticity of this particular dagger. After further examination from quite a few advanced collectors,,the Himmler Honor Dolch is authentic and exact as pictured in Ralf Siegerts SS Reference. I was led astray by the inscription process , to which the engraving which I have never seen that process done has caught me off my guard,, thus leading me to attack the Logo itself. Collecting edged weapons today has become a "Minefield Nightmare" as technology grows ,,so does the distinguishing characteristics as they have mutated to the point of "cloning". In another 20 yrs or more,, there will be stone mint examples with nothing to tell the difference,, except the fact that no dagger or sword could be that mint in another 100 years,,unless it came from a private collection...... and then it would be safe to say its fake!! My statements were not meant to harm ,mislead or personally attack,, and it is my hope that from this thread that was started from beginning to end,,, that it would be used also as a tool ,,," to think twice before reacting" as I have myself had done. Mistakes were made in the past by us all and they will be made again. Human failure is a given in any circumstance. My apologies to Matt ( LostDutchmann ) Sincere Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-09-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Got to say Larry it is getting bloody hard to tell though, sometimes it makes me want to give it up but dont let the Barstuards grind us down
    cheers Ronnie

Intrigued to say the the least, not that I would ever buy SS items, but is it fake or genuine?

From reading many forums, a lot of people jump in without doing background or their knowledge is limited, no offence, but sometimes it could make a difference between £200 or £2000 not good if it's the latter.

A few items have come up recently and although been dismissed first off have actually turned out genuine. Unfortunately i myself do not have the time to research an item correctly give an assumption which is why I wouldn't give one in the first place.

Please, no one take offence, but it's just my observations.

Keep up the good work.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

For what it's worth, I Do believe that the Himmler dagger in question is genuine. I've compared this piece in detail to several absolutely genuine known daggers and I can't find anything to point at. Aside from the blade condition, I would have no problem having this one in my collection.
    As for being cautious on it, when it comes to these high end and much sought after daggers, it is Always right to be overly thorough when examining them and making any kind of authenticity determination. As Larry has said, they are getting Extremely good at replicating them now and if you're going to err, it's Always better to err on the side of caution rather than get nailed for what can be crippling amounts of money. This one was a tough call and I don't imagine that they're going to be getting any simpler as time goes by! It's issues like these that make this Forum as essential and needed as it already is.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The etch depth should be exactly the same on both sides as it was done all at the same time. That is a sure way to tell.

Mark

Is this the smudging you are talking about? I'm paying real close attention to posts on SS daggers. A lot to learn. Thanks Larry C.

H. Himmler Eickhorn SS Dagger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2