Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help with a Robert Klaas SS dagger?

Article about: I have a dagger and scabbard I found in my father's things after he passed away, it appears to be an SS dagger by Robert Klaas. I'm not sure how he got it, but I'm not sure what to do with i

?

Wagriff & Matty,

Your right i valued the dagger to high yesterday at $1800 max, now taking a look at the new photos provided here is what i think the true price or a comfortable price for someone to pay $1250 to $1400 max including the Vertical hanger which is worth at least $200 alone, so thats not a high price to pay & the seller will not get done !, i do not mind giving people values if it helps them out, never have never will

Mac 66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with a Robert Klaas SS dagger?
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    For the weathered condition that this dagger is in...it is all still early period except for the Hanger as Mattty pointed out but possibly being Mid to late period. The Roman Numeral III on the lower guard..is a distribution point for SS daggers which this numeral designates Berlin..and matches your grandfathers story....How he acquired the dagger..in 1936..it is true..would be a grave danger for him and his family. I would lean more after the war.
    Its funny you say that about leaning more toward after the war. A friend suggested that since Zadie did collect small knives, that this may have been something he bought or acquired after, maybe as a means of "never forgetting"?? I haven't a clue. I was too young to ask him questions, and anytime he tried to tell me stories, my grandmother and mom would get upset with him saying I was too young to hear about it. I remember an argument he and my grandmother got in once, and I can hear him clear as day saying, in his heavy accent : "If I could live it, she can hear about it". The pity is I was too young to know what questions to ask. I do remember asking him "why didn't you just tell them you weren't Jewish" when he talked about the Nazi's coming around to people's homes and asking, and I remember him talking about what they thought was happening, that their neighbors and family were being "resettled". One of the things we found was a postcard in Old German that I've never been able to get fully translated, that seems to tell of my great-grandfather's death at Dachau.

Thank you guys for all your help!
    Last edited by Lilrabbitfoofoo; 04-27-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Well Lilrabbitfoofoo, your family history is very sad. Seems there are many unanswered questions.

With the German postcard id post a picture of it on the site (with flash off this time) in the relevant section. Im sure somebody will translate it for you and hopefully help you learn a little more about your past.

Dachau is a very sad place, I visited for the first time last year.

all the best matty

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Well Lilrabbitfoofoo, your family history is very sad. Seems there are many unanswered questions.

With the German postcard id post a picture of it on the site (with flash off this time) in the relevant section. Im sure somebody will translate it for you and hopefully help you learn a little more about your past.

Dachau is a very sad place, I visited for the first time last year.

all the best matty
    Matty, What would be an appropriate place to post the postcard??

?

Quote by Lilrabbitfoofoo View Post
    Matty, What would be an appropriate place to post the postcard??
    Hi, post it here: German photographs & Postcards at War relics forum

Another useless thread with all the photos deleted. ....pg 2
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'd delete it....without photos-what is the point of keeping it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree . No pic's No use
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I agree . No pic's No use
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Your mailbox is still full.... no worries. Nothing important
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A no Klaas thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3