Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help on SS Chained Dagger!

Article about: Hey Guys this kid in my school has this officers chained ss dagger and wants to sell! The best part its for 400\\$. HE sent me some picture but i dont know if its legit. Please let me know if

Default Re: Help on SS Chained Dagger!

Looks straight to Me. No obvious red flags waving on This one. $400 bucks is a ludicrous price-snap it up. You will Not come across another such deal again. It's had a tough life, but it looks like a good one from what I can see of it. That chain link can be restored. Even the wood grip is fairly decent on it. This one will pretty up just fine with a couple minutes time and attention.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on SS Chained Dagger!
    P
    Many

?

Thank you so much ill wait for a few more opinions and then ill let him know. Any way that i can get the green oxidation off the end of the dagger?
    Ryan

That green stuff should rub off with just your finger tip and a cotton cloth.
    I wouldn't hesitate with this one at that price......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

After this dagger is cleaned up, and the hanger is fixed with a proper piece, how much do you think this dagger would be worth?
    Ryan

?

I'm sorry i have one last question, when i clean up the dagger is there anything i should use in particular? I know people say never to use polish, but i saw a product called simichrome polish. Would that destroy the daggers value if i touch it up? Or should i just leave it as is.
    Ryan

Hello Ryan,
    Simichrome to clean and I recommend you get yourself some RenWax to protect.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

OK thanks for the info Ralph, do i apply the Simichrome and the Ren. Wax to all metal areas including the metal on the sheath and the handle?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

This is a classic example of the danger of drugs and the damage they wreak. I hope you can pick up the valuable lesson here that even at your young age by being clear headed and forward thinking you stand to prosper. Stay on this path and you are well on your way to success in life and seeing a collection grow in size and value.

As far as your schoolmate, let’s hope he snaps out of his stupidity before too long and ends up having no worse regrets later in life than giving away a valuable object to chase fleeting pleasure at the expense of his brain cells and future wealth. Losing one’s health and hope for a bright future are a dear price to pay.

It may also be prudent to make sure this dagger isn’t stolen from his parents or other party. After your $400 is smoked away someone may come looking for it. So please be careful.

I very much hope this all works out well for you, and sorry for the lecture! I have a 15 year old son as well, so it comes naturally . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I agree 100% with Tony. i am not being judgemental but I would never feel comfortable knowingly feeding someone elses drug or addiction habit no matter how glittering the prize.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi Ryan, I would agree with Tony's comments.

The dagger is certainly original.

DO NOT CLEAN any other parts than the blade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast