Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help With SS Dagger

Article about: Hello All, I need some help with this dagger. All opinions are welcomed. Overall it looks right to me. However I want to be safe and get other opinions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Help With SS Dagger

Hello All, I need some help with this dagger. All opinions are welcomed. Overall it looks right to me. However I want to be safe and get other opinions. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With SS Dagger   Help With SS Dagger  

Help With SS Dagger   Help With SS Dagger  

Help With SS Dagger   Help With SS Dagger  

Attached Images Attached Images Help With SS Dagger  Help With SS Dagger  Help With SS Dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Deliberately aged fake or a bad post-war assembled parts dagger. Either way, nothing worth looking at here.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Lou welcome to the forum..where did you get this..or see this dagger from? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

One to pass on as William has said.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hello Larry, I have an opportunity to purchase this from a reputable firearms dealer who is stating that it authentic. I wanted to get some opinions before shelling out some cash. Why do you ask?

Im struggling to get the pictures bigger but to me the grip looks original? Anybody else thinking the same? We do need to look closely at the SS button and eagle as they could be replacements.

The RZM blade looks OK to be honest as long as its evenly etched etc. I would have been happier to have seen an SS on the end of the numbers (under the rzm) - it may be there, but because of the poor pictures I cannot tell.

The scabbard finish is something I don't like. Rzm SS scabbards are sprayed with a hard enamel paint leaving a beautiful shine. This is not what it has. Leads me to think it could be a moody scabbard? We need to see more pictures of this.

At the very best its a parts dagger most likely of mixed period and modern day. I would be interested in seeing pictures of the dagger in the scabbard if you can.

best matty

Ps. Ask for additional pictures with flash OFF, Grip, Blade and scabbard.

Hi Lou..I like starting my search if a dagger is Vet acquired or local. I have to agree with the above statements and Mattys detailed Observation.

@matty....I feel the same also as the blade looks honest and yes..there is an SS runes at the end of the RZM number.

The grip is a poor fit..as 1 of 2 things could of happened...this dagger could of been a Vet put together after the war or recent. Not knocking the reputation of your firearms dealer..but not everyone knows everything about these types of knives. Even the Best of collectors and dealers of many types make mistakes. Im sure your friend is reputable..but maybe not enough to know the finer details that could decide the fate of the daggers authenticity.

The flash used in the photos throws away all detail of necessary areas of interest. I would like to see closeup pics of the grip both sides..Runes button and grip eagle. The Logo under better light. also the scabbard.."Appears to be a repaint" as Mattty has stated. When photographing daggers or knives..much has to be taken into consideration as there are reflective parts..that mirror a flash into the lense and taking away from other areas that are non reflective....other than that..we are driving into the sun..and not seeing the road in front of us.

Parts dagger with a authentic blade IMO. Better pics please Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill