Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Herder full Rohm signature dagger

Article about: I have seen this for sale, but the pics are not wonderful, and the seller has not responded to my questions and requests for more pics. It looks good, but I wonder if it is another Pawel bla

Default Re: Herder full Rohm signature dagger

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Guys i get emails from a "sirgregory james" anyone know him please?
    cheers Ronnie
    I do now!.........Its the same clown,pavelnowak "according" to this thread. did not read the whole thread though.........

warning !! Pawel Nowak !! - Page 6 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herder full Rohm signature dagger
    P
    Many

1. 1870 Iron Cross 2nd class in the glass case. Has writing on the backside, but I can not read what it says. $500

2. Luftwaffe Funeral dagger. This is the one that has the black handle and were only made by Klass. Comes with the hangers. $1,900

3. SA Christmas dagger. These are the very first SA daggers ever made. They were issued a year in advance before the SA even adopted the SA daggers as we know them today. These were given out higher SA leaders at the time. And given to them at Christmas time, hence that is where the name " Christmas " dagger comes from. The motto is different to the standard SA dagger, and so is the script writing. Not only that, but it uses a very early version of the SA eagle in the grip. These were only made by Eickhorn. It does not have a scabbard, but those can be had on Ebay for around $300. There are less then 50 of these known to be made. $3,800.

4. SS Lion's Head sword made by Holler. The langet has a custom " SS " logo in it. Has the Red Ruby eyes and the blade is near mint. $4,800

5. M35 SS DD with liner. Nice looking helmet. $2,500

6. M35 SS DD helmet with liner. This helmet has the SS Sig Ruins on both sides of the helmet, which are very hard to come by. $2,900

7. SS visor hat. Very nice clean condition. $3,300

This is the list he sent me a couple of weeks ago,
    cheers Ronnie

?

The dagger was on Craigslist. He must be branching out!

?

Try to track the ip adress by using this link How to find the IP address of the email sender in Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook Express, etc.
    There is a step by step guide on how to find it.
    It can help us track him
    Ryan

I posted this junk in the "Near perfect reproductions thread"...which really belongs in the "Best of the Worst"..but I gave him a little credit as it is easy for the trained eye to see the difference but for the new collector,,not that easy. The stories that trail this amazing toad almost pushes me to start a "Tall Stories" thread. How many times have we heard the same story?..............but there is a Catch 22 to to these stories as some of them are true.

I will continue to echoe these words from now on. "It is not the story, that will support your finding"..No..it is the detailed photos of your finding that will possibly support your story,,with the end result of your "Find" being authentic!!
    I know it must sound harsh to the new collector,, but to the old collector who has heard all the stories true or false...it becomes first nature to seek the truth out in..."Post detailed photos". Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If it was genuine, the Herder makers mark would be close to the lower guard....This mark looks to be in the normal spot for a Non-engraved blade.

Here is a good example of what I mean:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...nature-278689/
    William,

you are wrong thinking only Rohm blades with maker marks close to the crossguard are genuine.
    Herder has made a one with the logo on the normal place, and so did Eickhorn.
    The early Eickhorn Rohm used the big double oval they used in the late 20th's.
    They switched to the little small double oval logo close to the crossguard later on.
    If you want to see a fine example of a SS full Rohm Herder with the logo just like this one take a look at the website of Ulric of england.
    Ive made a post in the SA section defending the small logo to see what other people would say about that.
    Just google a bit and you will find plenty of Rohm or ground Rohms with the logo's centered at the same spot as the non Rohm blades.
    Cheers Ger
    SS FULL ROHM DEDICATION DAGGER FOR SALE|ULRIC OF ENGLAND FINE MILITARIA

Hi Gerrit,, and honest mistake on Williams part but you made a good point. Also included with the standard position logos were....
    Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    Richard Herder
    Carl Eickhorn
    Wilhelm Kober
    Robert Klaas
    Attached Images Attached Images Herder full Rohm signature dagger  Herder full Rohm signature dagger  Herder full Rohm signature dagger  Herder full Rohm signature dagger  Herder full Rohm signature dagger 
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2