Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN "

Article about: From the Wittmann Banter > Wittmann Antique Militaria - The Wittmann Banter Full SS Rohm dagger with BF " Monogram " on upper scabbard fitting and Sword. Posting this to keep an

Default High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN "

From the Wittmann Banter > Wittmann Antique Militaria - The Wittmann Banter

Full SS Rohm dagger with BF " Monogram " on upper scabbard fitting and Sword.
    Posting this to keep an eye out for these stolen items from the Postal System and a Federal Crime
    and report any sightings to Thomas Wittmann

( Quote Thomas Wittmann )
    UP JUMPED THE DEVIL
    While attending a party in one of the hotel rooms at the SOS, something happened that nearly stopped my heart. While conversing with a group of dealers, the son of one of them got his phone out and showed me a picture of a dagger he said his father bought at the show. The photo pictures an early SS dagger with a large monogram engraved on the top scabbard, "BF".

Last summer I handled a valuable consignment deal from two different dealers. The consignment consisted of :
    a mint Eickhorn full SS Röhm dagger,
    a mint maker-marked Jacobs SS dagger with exclamation point motto
    and a pair of weapons belonging to SS-Sturmbahnführer Dr. Bernhard Frank.

The pair consisted of an early silver-hilt SS lion head sword and an early SS dagger with his monogram on the obverse upper scabbard fitting.

Being an extremely capable and loyal officer, Frank was assigned to Himmler's staff and was in charge of the SS at Berchtesgaten at war's end. When Göring telegramed Bormann that as per his agreement with Hitler signed in 1939, he would now take over the Reich as it was rumored that Hitler's health and mental faculties were failing. When shown the telegram by Bormann, a raging Hitler ordered that Göring be arrested and shot. At war's end in April 1945, Göring was holed-up at his mountain chalet on the Obersaltzberg near the Berghof. It was Dr. Frank's job to carry out the order. Since Frank knew the war was nearly over, he did arrest Göring, but did not have the heart to carry out the execution, especially after Hitler had committed suicide. Frank was instrumental in getting Göring to surrender to the Allies. Frank wrote a most interesting book about the episode and lived to be in his late nineties.

These four historical weapons were sold by me to a Russian for the sum of $100,000. Since we can not send parcels into Russia, the box containing the four weapons was sent to the cousin of the Russian, to his factory in Finland. Along with the parcel was a separate package that contained an album with a research dossier, as well as photographs depicting a 97 year old Frank holding his SS dagger which clearly showed the large engraved initials, "BF" on the scabbard mount. Since my basic insurance plan with Collectible Insurance was for $50,000, I had a $50,000 rider put on the policy specifically for this shipment. After about a month, the worst possible words were sent to me in an email, "We have received the dossier package, but have not received the parcel with the edged weapons". I was so worried that I was physically shaking. How could this happen to me? After requesting a search with the post office, it was discovered that the parcel left the country and made it as far as Amsterdam where it disappeared from the postal chart. What a disaster. I had lost some of the best and most historic edged weapons to surface in years.

With great sadness, I paid the consignors of the pieces and proceeded to file a claim with Collectibles Insurance. I never told the consignors that the pieces were lost, as I did not want it to get around that "Wittmann loses your daggers in the mail". Because of the loss amount, the insurance company actually sent representatives to Amsterdam and Finland, questioning the appropriate postal people as well as the Finish cousin at his factory. All the while, I did not know if I would get paid and more than once worried that the Russian customer was sending someone over to America to cut my throat as I explained to him that he would get his payment after the insurance paid me. It took about 6 months of agony, but finally I was paid. This is something you never forget and never want to happen again. Collectibles Insurance are very good people and I highly endorse them.

Well, there was the picture of the dagger with the unmistakable monogram, "BF", staring me in the face at the party. I lost my cool and yelled, "That dagger was stolen in the mail. Where is it". The silence was deadening and remains so. It appears that the box was not lost in the mail, but must have been stolen by a European Customs agent or a Postal employee and now the piece(s) have made their way back to America. I have reported this incident to the insurance company as it is my signed obligation to do so, as recovered items are the property of the insurance company. Failure to do so would be a breach of contract and would lead to much legal trouble for me. It is my belief that the insurance company will leave no stone unturned in this matter and wouldn't it be wonderful if these historic and important edged weapons can be returned. I truly hope so.

So, for those of you out there that scour the Internet and auctions, please keep an eye out for these SS edged weapons. I have posted pictures below of the four pieces. If you buy them, you are dealing in hot goods and if caught, the weapons will be confiscated and you could be in legal trouble. If anyone knows where these weapons are, please let me know and you will help with solving a major theft here. We all have an obligation to help if we can, as put yourself in the same place and see how you would feel. Our collectibles are everything to each and everyone of us. Let's all help and see if we can't solve this deceitful crime. Thomas Wittmann ( End quote )

High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN " High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN "
    High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN " High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN "
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-07-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement High Profile Dagger and Sword of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Dr Bernard Frank " STOLEN "
    P
    Many

?

"Holy Crap" That is just crazy wrong..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

That is crazy. The loss of the $ is one thing but the loss of these historical items is another.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Hope these are found quickly .

?

This is the Full Rohm SS dagger stolen in the above shipment.

Full Rohm SS dagger by Eickhorn

The thread on WAF is much more informative on this matter and a good read....

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    The thread on WAF is much more informative on this matter and a good read....
    That may be but, we would prefer to keep all of the insinuations and accusations over there.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I thought the thread ended with the reality coming out. Simple situation in which unsuspecting purchaser buys previously stolen piece.

This thread will remain closed and will post updates periodically ( or ) the final outcome " if " these items have been found.

I agree with Ralph that the WRF has no place to create a secondary thread when an on going thread can be found on the WAF.

Stolen Dagger shows up In Pics at SOS - Page 7 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill