Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion

Article about: Hello Gents....Posted for your review and discussion purposes..is a Himmler dagger..which is not my own..but the image were allowable for me to post at this time. take a look and see what st

Default Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion

Hello Gents....Posted for your review and discussion purposes..is a Himmler dagger..which is not my own..but the image were allowable for me to post at this time.
    take a look and see what stands out in details..and what should be seen with this high honor type of dagger. There i more here than meets the eye..and alot more than what many may think.

What is the difference between this type of dagger compared to the standard SSem in craft and in history. Have fun

Regards Larry

Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion

Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion
    P
    Many

As an amateur observer I am surprised at the poor blade to crossguard fit. Surely an honour dagger should represent the height of quality control?

?

First observation that I make is the lower crossguard. It is stamped with the Roman number 'I'.
    I understood that Himmlerdaggers did not had this markings on their lower guards.

These daggers were given by Himmler himself to those who participated in the 'Night of the long knives' against SA-high leaders and members.
    So, these daggers cannot have these districtmarkings because they were not distributed to any district...
    They were true honordaggers that were given and received personally by the big boss (Himmler) himself.

Another observation is the benchmark '6' or '9'. The marking is to big to be a benchmark.
    Normally they are much smaller and are on the left or right side of the guard. Not in the middle.
    So, for that reason I am thinking that this lower guard does not originally belong to this dagger which may explane why the fit of the blade/guard is not perfect.

More observations?
    Last edited by KRISSE; 01-31-2016 at 10:57 AM.

?

Both guards normally should both be marked P.A. or H.E. on the interior which is not the case here.
    They even don't have the same markings anyway from the same maker.
    So, I guess both guards do not belong to this dagger.

Then, what happened on top of the upperguard? Looks like the bolt was screwed a 1.000.000 times. Dagger opened, closed, opened, closed,...
    Never saw such damage at the spot where the bolt fits...

?

Also, the SS-runes button does not have the Eickhorn characteristics. After comparing other Himmlerdaggers, they all tend to have the same type which is known for Eickhorn.

Sorry, I cannot upload pictures. I'm on a military laptop.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    As an amateur observer I am surprised at the poor blade to crossguard fit. Surely an honour dagger should represent the height of quality control?
    You would actually be surprised that such things, also like grip to crossguard fits, on Himmler daggers and other such honor pieces are not as good as many. My himmler for example has mediocre guard to grip fits compared to most of my M33 and M36 SS daggers.

Those guards are 2 separate entities and the top guard is SA.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Those guards are 2 separate entities and the top guard is SA.
    Larry, how do you know that the top guard is SA?

?

St caster marked crossguards were certainly used on at least Klaas M33 SS daggers.

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    St caster marked crossguards were certainly used on at least Klaas M33 SS daggers.
    And Gottlieb Hammesfahr, following a member on WAF...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast