Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion

Article about: Hello Gents....Posted for your review and discussion purposes..is a Himmler dagger..which is not my own..but the image were allowable for me to post at this time. take a look and see what st

It does look like a nice dagger to me....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler dagger of Honor for discussion
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    It does look like a nice dagger to me....
    It's a parts dagger Job, so historically not correct...

I agree kris.
    What I mean is that this dagger looks very attractive. IMO spotting the parted guards here is really hard, the fit looks very good for a parts dagger. Even though it has bad guards there are some collectors out there who would pay at least 5k for a dagger like this.
    I would 't buy this dagger knowing what we allemaal know now. I like the correctness of history Just as much as most here on the daggers forum^^.

I've admired these, but know little about them. Forgive my armature question here please. When you say Himmler gave these out, do you mean he personally handed them to the recipient, or would these have been delivered somehow under his authorization?

"These daggers were given by Himmler himself to those who participated in the 'Night of the long knives'"
    Does anyone have any documentary proof of this? I believe there are far too many examples for this to be the case. Surely they just replaced the Rohm honour daggers when the SS became an independent organisation after June, 1934.
    d'Alquen

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    St caster marked crossguards were certainly used on at least Klaas M33 SS daggers.
    This is true as quoted and corrected on Fishers that "St" was recorded under "SL" which Klaas did use.

SA Producers encountered also under this "St" marking :
    Gebr Bell
    Bontgen& Sabin
    Gebr Christian
    Ernst Dirlam
    Gustav Felix
    F. Dick
    Gebr Halbach
    Hartkopf& co.
    E. Luttges
    Remscheid & Co
    JA Schmidt & Sohn
    Herman Schneider
    Wilhelm Weltersbach
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    I've admired these, but know little about them. Forgive my armature question here please. When you say Himmler gave these out, do you mean he personally handed them to the recipient, or would these have been delivered somehow under his authorization?
    That could be the case aswell as I don't think there is any prove that he gave all the daggers in person.
    But they sure weren't distributed because they never have the roman numbers I, II and III.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    I agree kris.
    What I mean is that this dagger looks very attractive. IMO spotting the parted guards here is really hard, the fit looks very good for a parts dagger. Even though it has bad guards there are some collectors out there who would pay at least 5k for a dagger like this.
    I would 't buy this dagger knowing what we allemaal know now. I like the correctness of history Just as much as most here on the daggers forum^^.
    Dagger is just sold on WAF for 6000$.

?

If Heini gave this daggers himself, then i would believe there would be plenty of photos around showing this. Everyone in SS would like to have a photo of themself together with Heini

?

no cross grain on the blade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2