Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler Honor Daggers, Post Them!

Article about: Billy suggested it, so I thought that I'd start. Here are some of the file photos of the ones that I've owned personally, bought, or sold.

WOW Stunning Bill

Looking at the details shows Eickhorn through and true. These guards you can see a mile away. Thanks for posting Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Honor Daggers, Post Them!
    P
    Many

wouaaa very nice !!!!!!

Is it known how many of these there was handed out?

?

Very nice, but i got a question the squirrel we can see is Allach porcelain ?

Thank you for the kind words. There is no period documentation indicating how many Himmler Honor daggers were produced or awarded. But the old myth of 200 is patently false. Quite many more. Nontheless one of my favorite pieces even if its not the rarest in my collection .

AS for the squirrel. Yes, it is a mint allach produced porcelain squirrel.

Best,

RB

?

According to Whitmann's book he believes there were 2500 made.

Period Documentation in Ralf Siegerts SS Reference pg 260- 261..dated Oct 7 1940 states that there were 749 still in storage..........
    and also in an office cabinet of the Adjutancy dated May 10 1942..were 80 Himmler daggers.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Zo over 800 not given out? Why would they keep them in storage?
    It is not like there were no ss men to give them too^^

Larry his personal stash dated Jan 12 2016 still 734 in storage^^
    An early Christmas present maybe, would be nice though?

Nice fact Larry thank you! A lot people asked where all the Himmler daggers are coming from lately, guess this explains a lot

regards, job

From when they were first given out in 1934..from Rohms demise ...and then throughout the next 8 yrs until 1942...I would have to think there may have been more that were given out during that span of years. Just my thoughts...that what was left over as noted above was the balance of whatever the original amount was. Hard to say if 2500 were given out or if there is proof of documentation .

My thoughts if it were a small number of Himmler daggers...they would of been recycled over and over again from collector to collector...and each dagger depreciating a little more because of handling. I feel a true Himmler dagger trophy would of been one that was owned in the mid 30s and as a reward in the removal of Rohm. These daggers all of them from 1934 to 1942 are all made of early construction and quality materials.

The question is .................. the Current Himmler daggers in todays collections ..Which ones were owned and which came unowned from these 2 locations above in the documents seen in Siegerts book. Hard to say which ones are which..and those recycled from collector to collector added some dings and scratches runner marks along the way does not identify ownership unless provenance states it was liberated from the SS mann or his residence.

The trail runs cold on these Himmler daggers on ownership and the recent find stated above..most likely liberated after the war flooded the market with 829 personally unowned daggers getting mixed into the community...among the untold amount that may have been trickled out as an honorary award..for the next 8 yrs after 1934.

Which Himmler do you own? ...one from 1934 ...one from as an honorary mid period gift?...or one that was found in storage late in 1942? Thoughts gents?....you know me to put a spin on things to generate a discussion

Regards Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast