Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.

Article about: Well Gents I will let the photos do all the talking as this one as of the moment is being offered on Thomas Wittmanns site. This is a great example IMO for reference purposes especially the

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Yeah....But anyone can own a motorcycle.
    Let me amend that; you could buy a unique MC

Yeah yeah, I know most might think it ugly - to ME, its a thing of beauty!

('70's BMW R90S motor mounted in a mid '50s/60's R50 frame. W&W springer front end. 32 ltr Heinrich tank. Avon tyres).

Now back to the dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.
    P
    Many

?

Talking

Back to the dagger.....I predict that even in this economy THAT dagger will not last long. I believe it comes with the original factory Eickhorn issued paper sack with the word 'Mit Widmund' stamped in red. (With Dedication) There is only one other Himmler dagger That I know of that has survived with it's original sack.
    For the guy with deep pockets- this ones a No Brainer.
    Your not going to find a more complete example in that condition IMHO.

Witty does get the prime daggers. He's a great dealer, who's taken much time with even beginning collectors, and who had contributed a huge amount of knowledge to the dagger community with his outstanding series of 'Exploring the German Dagger' books.

-wagner-

?

Stunning dagger seeing pieces like this acts as an inspiration to keep on going in this hobby...just need to work out how to get the money!!
    How much are human organs going for nowdays?

Id swap my motorcycle for that dagger...in a heartbeat.....

?

After looking and studying these pictures of this dagger I don't think this grip originally belonged to this dagger.

Reason:
    First of all the poor fitting grip/guards but more important the SS-button.
    This type is not the correct type that was used by Eickhorn.
    Now, I know that some makers used different buttons from time to time cause of empty stock but I don't believe this could have been the case for these Himmler daggers.
    There weren't a lot of these daggers made in comparison with the other standard M33's and they also weren't distributed.
    I cannot imagine that suddenly there was an empty stock during the production of these daggers.
    Anyway, I never saw another Himmler dagger with this kind of SS-runes before.
    Eickhorn, as we all know, used very specific SS-runes on their grips.

This dagger may look very nice but imo the grip was swapped which makes it a parts dagger.

The top guard in the first post does look a bit disheveled and would have to agree on the grip now that Im looking at it.

Below is a sneak peek pic of a Himmler inscription grip that comes from a private collection. I will be posting the rest of the photos soon.

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    After looking and studying these pictures of this dagger I don't think this grip originally belonged to this dagger.

Reason:
    First of all the poor fitting grip/guards but more important the SS-button.
    This type is not the correct type that was used by Eickhorn.
    Now, I know that some makers used different buttons from time to time cause of empty stock but I don't believe this could have been the case for these Himmler daggers.
    There weren't a lot of these daggers made in comparison with the other standard M33's and they also weren't distributed.
    I cannot imagine that suddenly there was an empty stock during the production of these daggers.
    Anyway, I never saw another Himmler dagger with this kind of SS-runes before.
    Eickhorn, as we all know, used very specific SS-runes on their grips.

This dagger may look very nice but imo the grip was swapped which makes it a parts dagger.
    Likewise. The dagger was stated to have been "cleaned". But from my own experiences over time I've seen tables and tables of daggers that had "tune ups" ranging from just removing some dirt and grease to minor overhauls that included using parts from other daggers and sometimes with bags (that did not always match up to the daggers). All stated to be factory originals. So maybe somebody put away his (used) dagger in it's factory bag when it was taken out of service, but that can't really be determined from the pictures posted so far. But with that said, from my own perspective I am not comfortable with it being a 100% OEM original example - which for my own tastes would drastically affect both the desirability and price. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 05-11-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: minor typo

Hi all ....

Looking at the Himmler Dagger, I notice that a dagger that is so rare, and comes complete with the unique issue paper bag, has poorly fitted Cross guards, and a very worn National Eagle fitted to the Grip, either due to over polishing, or not a very good example fitted to that specific grip, which is alarming as these Daggers were unique and limited in production.
    The Eickhorn Himmler Inscription Dagger is meant to be the Dogs Bo**ocks of the SS.... However you are a brave man parting with 27k.

I did see a real beauty once at a Very Large Arms Fair in the UK ... No Bag though, but it was outstanding throughout, complete with a Low Number, and Vertical Hanger.

The Dealer said it's the first he's ever come across, but when I noticed the Blade was Robert Klass the alarm bells were ringing, and I just had to tell the Dealer exactly what I thought!!

He got quite upset for some reason!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2