Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger

Article about: Hey guys, after seeing a few threads on people asking questions on how to tie a proper knots, I decided to make a thread that shows you how. I got these pictures from JR Meda and with his pe

?

Default Re: How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger

Informative. Thank you for the lesson.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Well done Ryan!!.....I pinned it to the top of the SS forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Guys! Also thank you larry, always my dream to have a sticky thread lol. I will post my results of my dagger either tomorrow or friday whenever it comes in the mail.
    Ryan

Very nice idea, next will be the naval dagger portepee, that contains about 14 steps lol

?

I've seen those lol, they are insane! I will eventually get a portepee for my 1st pattern lufty dagger. After i buy my Fly Rod i will finish the rest of the things i need.
    Ryan

?

Hey guys the portepee came in! JR also sent me a dagger tool which is awesome! I tied on the portepee and it looks great! Next additions are going to be a belt loop and a chain repair from whittman.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger   How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger  

How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger   How to tie a proper portepee knot on a Chained SS Dagger  

The portepee is not wrapped and tied correctly. Many persons have their idea about how to wrap,
    but frankly said have no idea what the official regulation tells (and who was allowed to wear the SS 1936-dagger
    with portepee). Some "experts" have been shown up for what one is! The shown portepee with earlier shown
    daggers (post 1 and post 6) do not have the proper length, as the cords officially do extend at least 10.0 cm or
    about from the crossguard.

Have a look at the other thread where images can be found from the Verordnungsblatt der Waffen-SS and
    Deutsche Uniformen-Zeitschrift. The thread: Original photos of the chained SS dagger in wear, see especially
    post 16 where the cords with knot are hanging far from the dagger with the Waffen-SS photograph.

Anyway: on the right side the cord should run over the crossguard and touch the upper part of the scabbard!

For your convenience the image from the Vbl.d.W-SS is included.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 07-22-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Proof from the source, a heartfelt "dank u wel" is in order for Mr. Saris!!!
    However, the young man's inspiration for this thread cannot be understated.
    These are the upcoming collectors that will make or break our hobby!
    Great thread Ryan!!

Jerry

?

How much did this beauty cost? Im guessing you got it for a steal as I wouldnt expect a 16 year old to dish out 7k. lol

I’m in the opinion if a Chained SS has a portepee it should be at least a 42cm of the thinner cord ... unlike the one shown with the thicker cord..... however I maybe wrong!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast