Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Hello all, I recently came across some of my grandfather's old WWII stuff and came across this dagger. I have to tell you, holding this dagger knowing that it has been thru a war and possibl

?

Default Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Hello all, I recently came across some of my grandfather's old WWII stuff and came across this dagger. I have to tell you, holding this dagger knowing that it has been thru a war and possibly killed many people is quite an unsettling feeling. I found this dagger and started doing a little research on it (quite fascinating) and wanted to share some pictures and hoping maybe someone could shed a little more light on it. I do believe this to be a chained SS dagger but not sure what style chain this is. The dagger also has no markings at all. I also haven't seen any pics of a complete dagger with the strap. I have no plans of selling it but was wondering what the value of this is? Any extra info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Greg W..

P.S.. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I will see if I take some better pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

Default re: Info on SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

It is very unlikley that this dagger ever killed anyone.You say that it has no markings, looks like it is inscribed with the SS motto it is hard to tell with the pictures.My first impression is that it is real and worth a few bucks.

It is hard to tell from these photos alone but, this appears to be the complete rig for carrying a chained SS dagger. It is difficult to tell whether the fittings are solid nickel silver, or plated, they should be solid. If I remember correctly, the early chained daggers were not maker marked.
    Sorry, can't help you with a price.
    If you contact Paul from Lakesidetrader, he will be able to give you a value estimate.
    Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site
    He is also a member of this forum and could possibly see this thread and reply.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Greg, welcome to the forum! A superb original dagger. There is a great deal of value, not only to it, but more importantly to the leather hanger too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

$7000-$8000?

Hi Greg, here is a link to the discussion about chain types:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...pinions-53178/

There are three versions to be found. But this is all post war collectors terminology and has no bearing on when they were produced. In fact, the so called type 3, was the earliest.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!