Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26

Article about: COMPANY 1 STURM 26. ANY OPINIONS,COMMENTSANY OTHER SS DAGGERS OUT THERE?

Default Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26

COMPANY 1 STURM 26. ANY OPINIONS,COMMENTSANY OTHER SS DAGGERS OUT THERE?
    Attached Images Attached Images Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26  Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26
    P
    Many

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default re: Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26

Vary nice SS Dagger and a good early one,Im sorry to say I have never been much of a Dagger Man.But if you must have one what you have should be the best.Thanks Darrell

?

Very nice early dagger, I like it!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Jim, nice clean dagger. I like it too.

I have already shown my SS daggers on the forum, but I am sure there are others out there in members collections.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice Dagger Jim

?

Nice KLAAS, not KLASS. I never understood why you Americans always spell it wrong. It's clear marked in the logo, isn't it...?

To bad the pictures are a bit blurry, but I do like what I see.
    Possible that the blade was cleaned with some steelwool or something.
    The SS button is also the correct type that was used most of the time by Klaas. (there are exceptions off course.)
    The unitmarking on the lower guard and the upper scabbardfitting is a very nice addition and makes the dagger and scabbard belong to each other.
    Scabbard looks fantastic, although the lower placed screws on the upper scabbardfitting let me think of a Pack-scabbard.
    Possible that the scabbards were period switched.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Nice KLAAS, not KLASS. I never understood why you Americans always spell it wrong. It's clear marked in the logo, isn't it...?

To bad the pictures are a bit blurry, but I do like what I see.
    Possible that the blade was cleaned with some steelwool or something.
    The SS button is also the correct type that was used most of the time by Klaas. (there are exceptions off course.)
    The unitmarking on the lower guard and the upper scabbardfitting is a very nice addition and makes the dagger and scabbard belong to each other.
    Scabbard looks fantastic, although the lower placed screws on the upper scabbardfitting let me think of a Pack-scabbard.
    Possible that the scabbards were period switched.
    From what I can see the blade could have been cleaned with steel wool. But for the other metal fittings what it looks like in the images to me in the images posted is more like a polishing wheel @ 3450 RPM with some jeweler's rouge or a comparable polishing compound. Best Regards, Fred

Talk about a resurrected thread!! LOL

Steve

Im not convinced the scabbard is early and the scabbard finish appears brushed. The fittings also appear plated. The photos dont enlarge..and may contribute to that disadvantage.
    The Scabbard ball looks like a peanut and sometimes seen on repro dagger scabbards.

Can someone Identify 1/26? who were they?

We have seen SS daggers with SS service numbers on them..and none unit it marked to my recollection. If so..Im open to further review with supporting documentation and other unit marked early SS Daggers.

Yes these resurrected threads do add a renewed interest in study and collecting Glad someone is delving into the cellar reading these shelved dust bombs. Thankyou Bob for bringing this one to the top.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im not convinced the scabbard is early and the scabbard finish appears brushed. The fittings also appear plated. The photos dont enlarge..and may contribute to that disadvantage.
    The Scabbard ball looks like a peanut and sometimes seen on repro dagger scabbards.

Can someone Identify 1/26? who were they?

We have seen SS daggers with SS service numbers on them..and none unit it marked to my recollection. If so..Im open to further review with supporting documentation and other unit marked early SS Daggers.

Yes these resurrected threads do add a renewed interest in study and collecting Glad someone is delving into the cellar reading these shelved dust bombs. Thankyou Bob for bringing this one to the top.

Regards Larry
    Larry I"m looking from the latest post to the newest post in the SS Daggers . Got my Whittmann's SS Dagger book in the mail today Lets see if this old man can learn a thing or two LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast