Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26

Article about: COMPANY 1 STURM 26. ANY OPINIONS,COMMENTSANY OTHER SS DAGGERS OUT THERE?

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im not convinced the scabbard is early and the scabbard finish appears brushed. The fittings also appear plated. The photos dont enlarge..and may contribute to that disadvantage.
    The Scabbard ball looks like a peanut and sometimes seen on repro dagger scabbards.

Can someone Identify 1/26? who were they?

We have seen SS daggers with SS service numbers on them..and none unit it marked to my recollection. If so..Im open to further review with supporting documentation and other unit marked early SS Daggers.

Yes these resurrected threads do add a renewed interest in study and collecting Glad someone is delving into the cellar reading these shelved dust bombs. Thankyou Bob for bringing this one to the top.

Regards Larry
    No plated fittings imo Larry. If plated, we could expect clear loss of plating around the 1/26 stamping which isn't the case here.
    Imo possible polished nickel fittings.
    The ball indeed looks like a peanut because it received a good hit and cause of that being misshaped. To bad we can't blow up the pics indeed to give us more insight.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klass SS Dagger: unit marked 1/26
    P
    Many

Im not convinced the scabbard is early and the scabbard finish appears brushed. The fittings also appear plated. The photos dont enlarge..and may contribute to that disadvantage.
    I should of elaborated,.. "The Fittings appear plated "...meaning the scabbard fittings.

The dagger itself is a separate entity and is early.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I should of elaborated,.. "The Fittings appear plated "...meaning the scabbard fittings.

The dagger itself is a separate entity and is early.
    I know what you meant Larry, but I'm talking about the scabbardfittings to being nickel but cleaned.
    Can't see any plating loss around the stamping...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2