MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M33 RZM Emil Voos SS dagger

Article about: Hello guys, this nice dagger came in today. Not mint but rather excellent condition. Crossgrains not easy to see on the pictures but definitely there!!! :-)

?

Default M33 RZM Emil Voos SS dagger

Hello guys, this nice dagger came in today. Not mint but rather excellent condition. Crossgrains not easy to see on the pictures but definitely there!!! :-)

M33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS daggerM33 RZM Emil Voos SS dagger
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-18-2014 at 09:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M33 RZM Emil Voos SS dagger
    P
    Many

The blade seems to be ok. Both,the motto pattern and the TM is 100% for an
    RZM 1166. But the grip is for sure a replacement.
    Take a look to the left and right corner to the lower guard,it doesn't fit.
    Further, the lower radius of the wood doesn't match the crossguard. Image #3
    Regards,
    Gerd

?

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Thanks for the reply Gerd,

but I don't agree on the grip beeing a replacement. It doesn't always mean that it's a replacement when the wood of the grip comes a bit above the corners of the crossguards.
    These grips are 70+ years old. Wood lives in environments. Cold, warm, moist,... So it's perfectly possible if it comes a bit above the crossguards.
    The radius of the grip is exactly the same as the upper and lower crossguard. No replacement IMO.

its a v/nice one.

?

Regards,
    Gerd
    Gerd, I know what you mean. For example here a dagger with exclamation behind the blade inscription.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=12541

Look at the corners of the upper and lower crossguards and the corners of the grip... So you think this grip is a replacement to then?

Regards,

Kris.

?

To my eyes the grip looks fine Thanks for posting its an excellent Voos

Kris,
    some anomalies may occur,but yours is a bit too much,imho.
    I'm not familiar with the one you've shown. Just my observation,but let's see if some others will " jump in".
    Regards,
    Gerd

I also meant this radius,marked in red.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 RZM Emil Voos SS dagger  

Not sure what to make of Krisses grip..but the RZM 324/37 that is listed for sale..which is a dirty girl out of the woodwork and untouched from what I can see. That grip exhibits almost the same extra protruding wood..yet is period IMO. My thoughts only are toward that even with some early SA or SS daggers..there are some grip fit issues...as were more poorly in some cases in the Later SS RZM types.

I also see Gerds concern with the wood radius to crossguard fit...yet I have seen these same radius issues with some Chained SS Examples ranging from early to late. Hard to say in this circumstance..which way it could go...since the dagger has already been apart. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I also meant this radius,marked in red.
    I know what you mean Gerd, but in hand, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the radius...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast