Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch

Article about: The real early History of the SS lies within these early types...just the sight of an anodized scabbard says alot! Although it was a factory reground was there any traces of the makers logo

Default re: Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch

The real early History of the SS lies within these early types...just the sight of an anodized scabbard says alot! Although it was a factory reground was there any traces of the makers logo left? Its the small things that fascinate me about these early daggers. This is a great piece of history, with many dark shadows of its owner. Thanks for posting Bob!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max Simon's SS Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

There is no trace of the trademark left. An old friend of mine who has specialized in daggers for 40+ years told me that from studying the parts and the grip eagle, the dagger was an Eichorn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

A nice attributed piece of history Bob. Even though the only attribution is word of mouth sometime that's all it requires given the background of the Sergeant and the other pieces he acquired from the house.

An interesting link provided by Ade too. I had no idea of the existance of Island Farm Camp. It's not too far away so next time I'm in the area I might go and have a poke around the site if it's possible.
    The following is a quote from the Karl Wolff page who was also interned there:

"...the only one in camp still permitted to wear his badges of rank was S.S. -Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Wolff ("little Karl"), Himmler's ex-Chief Of Staff; this concession had been promised him by Field Marshal [Sir Harold R.L.G.] Alexander [Supreme Allied Commander, Mediterranean Theatre] as a reward for his early surrender with the German forces in Italy. The badges of rank and decorations of the others were deposited in cardboard boxes in the camp headquarters."

It makes you wonder what happened to all those goodies in those boxes doesn't it! Interestingly though, if you look through the photos of the prisoners in the camp, many still wear their shoulderboards and wear the odd decoration.

Maybe the subject for another thread but does anyone know what happened to Karl Wolff's decorations?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2