Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?

Article about: So what can you guys tell me about this dagger?

Question My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?

So what can you guys tell me about this dagger?

My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My girlfriends grandmother found this in the attic. To good to be true?
    P
    Many

Helllo KD...and possibility of getting a photo of the reverse side of the dagger and the blade...Im looking to see who the producer was..which will help the members here.... to be able to give you a better description on what you have. Regards Larry

also need a photo of the top of the crossguard
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well I don't have the blade on me, I won't be able to take pictures of this blade for a couple of weeks...

Hard to say what you have without seeing the producer. But will wait for the photos I requested. The dagger shows some promise..and the rest of my thoughts will be reserved until the photos are posted. Take your time..and we look forward to seeing them....or next time you visit your girlfriends relative. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the help, I feel stupid not taking pictures from every angle...

No worries KD..and dont feel stupid. Most would think the less thought of angles would not be important..and in this particular hobby..everything matters..but now you know for any future finds you may come across...this is the beginning of knowledge and the members and the forum are here to help out as best as possible. Like detectives...we need as much proof as possible from all angles. Take your time . Regards Larry

Quote by kirederf7 View Post
    Thanks for the help, I feel stupid not taking pictures from every angle...
    Looks like a honest numbered RZM 188! ,with 36 vintage.
    Give her a call,to be sure
    Regards,
    Gerd

I like the 163747 numbering-it should be interesting to see if it belonged to anyone of note. Where are you seeing the maker's mark,Gerd? Am I missing a photo?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I like the 163747 numbering-it should be interesting to see if it belonged to anyone of note. Where are you seeing the maker's mark,Gerd? Am I missing a photo?
    William,
    i like it also! But the number is not listed.
    No,you don't miss anything,but it's based on two small details.
    We'll wait and see,if i'm right or wrong,
    Regards,
    Gerd

If this turns out to be authentic then you are a very lucky man! I wonder how did that end up at the attic... You might want to look more there to find other possible stuff laying around!!! If there is one there's a big possibility that the attic houses more WW2 stuff! I think there is a nice story behind this one... Try and ask more info about the blade!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast