Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Hi Raymond, I was think that as he was a wanted war criminal and having commited suicide, the Allies might well have not allowed him a known marked grave? But as we have said, he was still o

Default re: Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Hi Raymond, I was think that as he was a wanted war criminal and having commited suicide, the Allies might well have not allowed him a known marked grave?

But as we have said, he was still on the wanted list in 1947, so Allied knowledge of his death might not have been a factor in this.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

WoW! absolutely fascinating & what a wonderful & exciting item to have in your collection. Researched pieces like that are the stuff of dreams.

robNL
    ?

Hi guys , I am new to this forum ( thanks V! )
    What a great dagger you have Ade !

Regards , Rob.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Love to obtain this item alone for my KZ collection,great history behind it and vary chilling to boot. But in the end Doctor heal thy self!!

?

Ade , wow , i`ve just read this , and i have to tell you that i`m blown away ( in the nicest sense of the word ) That is the holy grail of collecting , and it couldn`t be residing with a more deserving person , congratulations . Other than your immediate family`s wartime heirlooms it must be the pinnacle of your collection . Thanks for sharing it with us ,

cheers Al

Hi Al, thanks. you are most kind! Yes, it is "the jewel in the crown" as they say.

My research on him is always an on going affair. Talking earlier in this thread about him still being on the wanted list in 1947, well this was an errror on the list makers part. He was known to be dead and was stated as such at the Nuremburg trails. This document, signed by him, was used as evidence by the prosecution at Nuremberg. Sorry it is a very poor scan.

Only this week I discovered that his Munich home address is still a Doctor's surgery.

My good friend Raymond G owns his promotion document from 1940 which was signed by Felix Steiner. I am sure he will not mind me adding it here. I have first refusal on the purchase of this.

Ownership of this dagger is literally a twin edged sword if you will excuse the pun. It is wonderful to have a dagger with such a known history but it is tempered by the fact that the owner was an archetech of such evil crimes against humanity.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936   Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

Attached Images Attached Images Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936 

Thats a nice dagger Ade!

?

Ade , just keeps getting better ! It`s amazing that his home is still a doctor`s surgery , and maybe you will visit one day . That promotion doc. signed by Herr Steiner is great and needs re-uniting with the group that would be another bonus . I totally understand your feelings about ownership of this item due to the infamy of it`s original owner , but also believe it is revered for what it is , a very rare historical artifact ,

cheers Al

Hi Al, did you see my other named and researched SS dagger, this time a 1933 pattern? I have been very lucky with both daggers.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...ss-dagger.html

Cheers, Ade.

Ade beside's a piece of history that document complet's that dagger for me, (bet you cant wait to own it)the research alway's stump's me as i honestly wouldn't know where to start congrat's on a fine item and the work gone into its research thanx for posting
    cheer's Ronnie

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast