Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with dagger handles....Real WW2 or not??

Article about: This is my first post asking for help, So I hope I get the pics right. The how to post pics post is pretty hard to see. I got 15 handles from a guy that has been disassembling SA/SS daggers

?

Default Need help with dagger handles....Real WW2 or not??

This is my first post asking for help, So I hope I get the pics right. The how to post pics post is pretty hard to see.

I got 15 handles from a guy that has been disassembling SA/SS daggers and selling part on ebay, he says the SA handles are the real deal, but wasn't sure about the 3 SS handles. Let me know your thoughts....

Sorry for the confusing pics, I've tried to edit them with no success.

Back of top or Right handle is broken and glued

Left or Bottom handle in pic of 3

Middle handle of the 3

Right or Top handle of the 3

Left or Top handle cracked and glued
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with dagger handles....Real WW2 or not??   Need help with dagger handles....Real WW2 or not??  

Last edited by gregbr; 01-18-2019 at 10:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with dagger handles....Real WW2 or not??
    P
    Many

2 of the grips have been corrupted as seen by the tang clearance holes being drilled larger to fit onto a dagger that it was never meant for.
    IMO those 2 are messed with and trash

I got a cold chill up my spine seeing all those grips and the story attached to them of a guy / dealer parting daggers together and selling them. But hey who knows what goes on behind the scenes with unscrupulous activiites and its up to the collectors here to dig further and indentify certain details and characteristics by the producer.

There are children who are identical twins and triplets that sometimes even the parents get confused at a quick glance.

Seeing all those SA grips makes me a bit sad knowing they will end up as misfits in someones collection.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Greg,

Are you talking about this tutorial on uploading photos (see link below). If so, all you need to do is click on the photo to enlarge it.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes, the tutorial, but I didn't try clicking on them.....dang. But I figured out how to list the pics. Then had trouble cause I couldn't delete pics I was trying to replace.

Anyway, just want to know if these handles are the real deal, I plan to try to sell them and want to say what they really are. Not sure why these guys are parting out these daggers, seems like a shame to separate all the original parts....

MAP
    ?

Quote by gregbr View Post
    Yes, the tutorial, but I didn't try clicking on them.....dang. But I figured out how to list the pics. Then had trouble cause I couldn't delete pics I was trying to replace.

Anyway, just want to know if these handles are the real deal, I plan to try to sell them and want to say what they really are. Not sure why these guys are parting out these daggers, seems like a shame to separate all the original parts....
    Borders on criminal to part out pieces of history for a bit more money then selling it as a whole dagger. Can't help on originality. Larry is your man for that.

No worries on the tutorial. Deleting photos is not so simple to figure out. You need to go to Settings. Then on the right side towards the bottom, click on Attachments. From there you can delete photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Post to your buyers that the SS grips are messed with with replaced runes and grip eagles on the 2 destroyed grips. Glued in Runes buttons
    Really not worth anything and would not do any justice to any SS dagger and is not convincing at all of being untouched.
    Sorry to be so brash..but I call it as I see it.

The unmessed with grip appears to be good ..but not sure of the runes button which may be fake. The photos are blurry.
    Please dont ask for a value
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks. I tried several times to get better pics, my phone wont cooperate.

Replacement of the photos for better quality is allowable ..removal of the photos with no replacements leaving the thread dead is grounds for removal of that member from the website.

There are plenty of good people here that are very able to help you post pics...and MAP Michael has provided a very good link.
    Enjoy your stay here.

Regards Larry