Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need quality answers for prices on SS daggers

Article about: This Sunday I am heading unto my 6 months antique fair trip, and this time round I am looking to get a SS dagger for my collection. I was wondering if £1200 is a good amount to take with me

Default Need quality answers for prices on SS daggers

This Sunday I am heading unto my 6 months antique fair trip, and this time round I am looking to get a SS dagger for my collection. I was wondering if £1200 is a good amount to take with me for a SS dagger (Rzm or standard EM dagger).

I would really love any idea of SS daggers prices these days since everywhere tells me different amounts!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need quality answers for prices on SS daggers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need quality answers for prices on SS daggers

It's determind on the condition, marker, etc, etc. do you have any pictures?

Quote by n0valyfe View Post
    This Sunday I am heading unto my 6 months antique fair trip, and this time round I am looking to get a SS dagger for my collection. I was wondering if £1200 is a good amount to take with me for a SS dagger (Rzm or standard EM dagger).

I would really love any idea of SS daggers prices these days since everywhere tells me different amounts!?
    For one in not great condition it would be ok but if you want one in good condition you will need more im affraid.

Hello Novalyfe Wise words from both Gents,,, condition sets the price. I would say plan on bringing $3500 US ( I dont know the Euro conversion ) Decent SS daggers will range between $2500-4500. Mint conditoned will start at $4000,, but again it depends upon the seller and condition of the dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

He's a bit light then...£1200 is around $1900 at the mo.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Might do ok with that amount - it depends on the seller/dealer too.
    Some guys are motivated by the sight of cash.........!

A friend bought one a year or so ago in slightly less than
    average condition for $1400 CDN.
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks so much for the wise advice, it is appreciated greatly!
    I have decided that it may be best to wait a while, perhaps when I graduate from University before I step into buying a SS dagger. Instead I will approach the SS collecting from a different angle and get a district number SS cuff title and collar tab. Once again thanks so much.

There's a nice one for sale here in the classifieds mate, a bit more money than you have at the moment but not a lot more, maybe you could talk to the seller about holding it for you for a while. I think it's a beauty for the price being asked.

It's a pretty big investment for a student - or a regular working stiff. Although
    I like them alot, I've never owned one and have 'settled' for SA's
    which I find just as beautiful/attractive.........
    Regards,

Steve.

If you could run to an extra £300, that would secure you a good example here in the UK.

SS daggers are sound investment in the long term.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!