Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Numbered SS dagger by Herder

Article about: Hi all and happy Easter...i'd like your opinions on this SS dagger made by Herder (seems ground Rohm) numbered on the crossguard. It's not in the best conditions,heavy cleaned and without th

Default Numbered SS dagger by Herder

Hi all and happy Easter...i'd like your opinions on this SS dagger made by Herder (seems ground Rohm) numbered on the crossguard. It's not in the best conditions,heavy cleaned and without the scabbard ring but still decent...what do you think about ??
    Best regards
    Luca
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Numbered SS dagger by Herder   Numbered SS dagger by Herder  

Numbered SS dagger by Herder   Numbered SS dagger by Herder  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Numbered SS dagger by Herder
    P
    Many

Hi Luca..amid the flash which takes much of the detail away..I would say this dagger is ok. The scabbard under the same type of light seems to present the fittings as plated..which would not be original to an Early Herder SS dagger.

I can not comment on the numbers ..but separately the numbers being in the low category..would make for a great research project. Hard to say that this may have been a Rohm dagger without more light subtle photographs showing the full length of the reverse side of the blade. I would like to see a photo shot straight down the blade spine towards the tip of a wave in the blade ridge.

Its easy to hump up SA and SS daggers that were produced for Rohm inscriptions to buff out a blade and call it a Rohm. Age old practice. Better photo details will cast away any doubt I may have incurred on this dagger you have posted. Im not believing its a Rohm..until NON FLASH pics can be presented to the community here for study of the guards front and back and blade reverse.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-27-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry...i've asked better pic in natural light...i had the same impression on the lowr scabbard forniture..but i'm dubious if it's plated (not correct) or polished ..let's wait..in the meanwhile many thanks
    p.s. the number is known

I've recived new pics...not a big progress in quality
    Numbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by HerderNumbered SS dagger by Herder

looks like a honest erased Rohm dagger to me.like it.