Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

Article about: I visited a friend today, he had a lot of goodies , will post pics later for him, but he also had this, an obvious reproduction, but he told me he bought it in belief it was real several yea

?

Default Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

I visited a friend today, he had a lot of goodies , will post pics later for him, but he also had this, an obvious reproduction, but he told me he bought it in belief it was real several years ago, paid about 300 usd for it and wasn´t very happy about it now. But when i started searching i found some sites selling these repros for nearly 400 usd. Is a repro really that expensive? Asking cause i might buy one if i can find a cheaper one, just cause i probably never will afford a genuine one, but 300 bucks is a bit overkill for me. Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

Yeah but think of all the real TR items you could buy with $300-$400.

?

Thats my thought exactly

Hi Wiking,,,Yea this one is a repro and you can find one of these for about $30 US.. but some scammers will try to make you believe that it is real. That is why it is important to bring the photos here first amongst the other collectors for a discussion. This Repro is one of a more recognizable variety. The grip eagle and Blade say enough. Take alook in comparison on the SA and SS forums to see the differences. This one is the cheaper fake made in China and sold mainly in Fleamarkets and Gift shops in some places. Your friend was ripped off severely for $300 US. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Discussing repro's now.....oh dear

Yes we are Totenhead!...as some people dont know the difference. Do you have an observation on this ""REPRO" dagger?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

you can get an original SA for $300.

?

Sorry about the repro thread, not gonna make it into a habit, now i learned that 300 is a robbery for a repro, and that an original SA could be found for about 300. I wasn´t sure, a few years ago i sold watches, it was very good replicas of Breitling, and i bought them from the manufacturer for about 140 usd each, todays currency, made a few on each, i was aware it wasnt genuine, my customers was aware of the same, still it was a huge demand, the original ones would have cost about 8000 usd. This is offtopic, but just wanted to explain why i brought it up.

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Discussing repro's now.....oh dear
    There is a difference between discussing repros for education and discussing rubbish for entertainment.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nothing to be sorry about Wiking..you had a question and it has only been 8 posts.. and not 10 pages of blind rhetoric. I fully agree with Adrians statement above. When a Mod says its too much...then its time to end the thread,, and not from another member. Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast