Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

Article about: I visited a friend today, he had a lot of goodies , will post pics later for him, but he also had this, an obvious reproduction, but he told me he bought it in belief it was real several yea

Default Re: Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?

Their is one site, which I've long forgotten, that clams they make the "perfect" reproduction ss dagger. I personal disagree with them, however, I remember the price being exactly three hundred dollars. That being said, the dagger in this thread does not look to be one of those creations, yet it appears to be a cheap, South American/China made knock off. Personal I would NEVER pay that much for a reproduction. In fact, I would never purchase a reproduce on purpose due to I collect for the history and reproductions carry no historical value IMO, just a representation of the history's artifacts. Besides, three hundreds dollars can buy you so much in this field of collecting, why waste it on an repro? Just my opinion.
    Btw, I see nothing wrong with this thread, good to have you here sir, and happy collecting.

I found the site, they are asking 375 now! :O

Third Reich.ca - Historical Collectables and Memorabilia
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Official repro´s, still a wanted collectible?
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about Wiking..you had a question and it has only been 8 posts.. and not 10 pages of blind rhetoric. I fully agree with Adrians statement above. When a Mod says its too much...then its time to end the thread,, and not from another member. Regards Larry
    Larry

Sorry, I was not implying that the thread be closed

My thoughts on the REPRO dagger? It’s a repro dagger, its academic whether it’s worth $300 or $30, if someone wants to pay $300 for it, let them do so, it’s a personal choice, although not my choice. I'd rather learn the virtues of a real one and its intrinsic value

I agree when a God, I mean a Mod says it’s too much the thread should be closed, not when a member says so!!

Cheers

Totenhead your sarcasm is not welcome here and will only build against you. Your chip on your shoulder stemmed from the helmet forum,, I encourage you do us all a favor on THIS FORUM,, leave your hurt feelings someplace else,, and do not bring them here. I hope this does not happen on the rest of the forums that say the word...REPRO. Do not bring this topic up again on this thread!!... or stain this forum with hidden inuendos. DONT BRING IT HERE!!!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, My apologies, it was only meant as a " petite blague "

I tend to type what I think, I need to think what I type !

?

I have one of these repro's.I bought it as a young man and I didn't pay alot and it was known at the time(years ago) it was a reproduction. It did have me study the difference between a real and repro. So it was a learning experience.Shortly after buying it I purchased one of my best investments, The 2nd edition of "Collectors' Handbook of WW2 Daggers" by LTC.(RET) Thomas M Johnson. The main thing I learned from these is the placement of the eagle is to high on the handle and that originals will have the eagle lower and more centered on the grip.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Larry, My apologies, it was only meant as a " petite blague "

I tend to type what I think, I need to think what I type !
    Thank you Totenhead,,for your "reconsidered" thoughts,,it is a building block here for the forum,, the collectors,,and yourself. We are all in this together. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2