Default Re: Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

I doubt it. Unless he killed someone at a wedding or a funeral

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear
    P
    Many

?

Here is a photo of an SS EM33 dagger in wear, again all rights are to wwiirelics.com im just showing this for reference.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  

Here is one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Blood flag standard bearer .."Jakob Grimminger"
    Attached Images Attached Images Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you so much Larry and Ade! Do you know of any photos of the dagger with a portepee? I personally have never seen one.
    Ryan

Here you go Ryan and a Gracious Thank you from our Prestigeous SS forum and SS Uniform Professor Friedrich Berthold..for graciously adding to this thread. To find a Chained SS dagger in wear with portepee is very rare and mainly seen on the later grey style SS Uniforms. If you take a close look at the officer on the right of the photo....you will see a Portepee in " swing mode"
    Many period photos exist of SS daggers being worn with the Black and later Grey Uniforms,,,but no period black uniform inwear photos.... I have not seen yet to appear with the a Chained SS dagger with portepee. Truly it is a rare sight to see with the Grey uniform. Thanks again Friedrich

here is the original and connecting link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...97/#post938024
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Again, great images. I know Sepp D. Got drunk and drew his Luger at least once and Himmler scolded him for it by sending to combat in the Eastern front! As for using his dagger, not sure but I wouldn't be surprised. He had a drinking and anger problem.

-Edit-
    I just had a moment of clarity, the person I was talking about wasn't not Sepp, but Bruno Gesche, and it happened during a Christmas party at the felsennest, during the battle of the Ardennes,1944. Phew! When realized my mistake, I had to correct it at once! I don't want to give false info.
    Last edited by Dean; 07-21-2013 at 02:32 AM.

?

Great photo! Thank you so much F-B and also Larry for posting this, glad to see this gem on the thread.
    Ryan

I was lucky as my friend was not gone already for Bier, Wurst, Musik and "ugly" women in black!
    I thought he would go for two days, but it is just Sunday.

Here is the order for who was allowed to wear:
    Himmler decided that for the duration of the war the 1936-pattern of SS-dagger with the army type
    of portepee was to be worn by officers from the Waffen-SS with all kinds of dresses when the belt
    was not ordered. This note was published in the Vbl.d.W-SS issue 4, number 64 from February 15,
    1943. Page 15
    ;

Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

How to wrap was published in issue 10, nr.182 from May 15, 1943. Page 51.

Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

With this it is obvious the portepee was only allowed to be worn by Waffen-SS (field-grey) and not the
    Allgemeine-SS (black uniform) with the 1936-pattern and not with the 1933-pattern of dagger.
    Thanks to Patrick (and that he kept all the Vbl.W-SS issues I gave him some years ago) you all can
    enjoy the order(s).
    He may go now for what was planned. He may score such a women in black......, isn't?
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 07-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Thank You Wilhelm for this information..as many collectors today of this type of dagger are confused with the portepee year and the dagger it was applied to. The information you have provided...is invaluable...and sheds light on the Uniform wear differences. Thank you again Wilhelm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast