Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear

Article about: I doubt it. Unless he killed someone at a wedding or a funeral

?

Here is another i found online
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear
    P
    Many

Here are a few more who were brought to me by Roger who kindly took the time to bring the copies he had noticed and logged over the years,
    cheers Roger
    , Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear   Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  

Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear   Original photos of the Chained SS Dagger in wear  

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I was lucky as my friend was not gone already for Bier, Wurst, Musik and "ugly" women in black!
    I thought he would go for two days, but it is just Sunday.

Here is the order for who was allowed to wear:
    Himmler decided that for the duration of the war the 1936-pattern of SS-dagger with the army type
    of portepee was to be worn by officers from the Waffen-SS with all kinds of dresses when the belt
    was not ordered. This note was published in the Vbl.d.W-SS issue 4, number 64 from February 15,
    1943. Page 15
    ;

Attachment 541631

How to wrap was published in issue 10, nr.182 from May 15, 1943. Page 51.

Attachment 541634

With this it is obvious the portepee was only allowed to be worn by Waffen-SS (field-grey) and not the
    Allgemeine-SS (black uniform) with the 1936-pattern and not with the 1933-pattern of dagger.
    Thanks to Patrick (and that he kept all the Vbl.W-SS issues I gave him some years ago) you all can
    enjoy the order(s).
    He may go now for what was planned. He may score such a women in black......, isn't?
    Am doing research on the Chained SS dagger wear. Not being proficient in German, I translated the first attachment of instruction of wear for us who do not read German or understand the language;
    The reichsfurher has approved for the duration of the war the carrying of the SS dienstdolches 36 with the portapee of the army for the furher of the waffen ss. The SS service dagger 36 with portapee can be worn to velvet suit types as far as laying of the body is not required.

a link to peruse through Rich which will provide photos of the Chained SS in wear including the uniform types you are studying.

SS - Schutzstaffel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Very nice to see in the period Pics that the Portepee was tied regarding the regulations, and not in the way that dealer always do ( Wrapping around the lower part of the grip instead of using the lower guard)
    These regulations also shows that there was no such thing as specialy designed SS portepee with black thread in the "anus".

Best
    Ger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4