Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

" Pattern " SS Honor Dagger Scabbard

Article about: lieve this thread has deteriorated from my original intent, it has perhaps made others aware that originality is not text book.

Default Re: " Pattern " SS Honor Dagger Scabbard

Hi, I would not do that, I still believe the scabbard to be original and as described

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement " Pattern "   SS Honor Dagger Scabbard
    P
    Many

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    You bought just the scabbard from Johnson?He probably knew that it was no good and dumped it on you! I would demand my money back and if to much time has gone by tell him the piece has his name on it wherever you go to a show,fair,etc.Contact him and tell him that you have posted it and its no good.If that fails get in touch with your postal inspection unit (if he mailed it to you)Whatever you do dont just let this "BIG DEALER" GET AWAY WITH IT AS THEY THINK BECAUSE THEY WROTE SOME BOOKS THAT THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW! Hes no better than a common fraud dealer!!!Goodbuys
    carl calm down just a wee bit i personally would wait for ade or someone who knows a lot about daggers to make a 100% sure personally i can see that the scabbard does look a bit off to what i would expect but im no expert so be patienent a wait a little bit

if you are happy take it

but its just not the real deal and not worth the big cash you probably paid for

Hi J Duppel,

Wow, you seem angry. Most of the things I have , I have been lucky enough to have inherited. Some things, such as this scabbard , I have bought in good faith. I appreciate your remarks and welcome any others, if anything I am learning so much from this forum and it's members. Thank you and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

nope not angry at all just reacting a bit hard via internet and could be taken that way
    dont mean it as sutch but im not keen on this item what so ever

if any offence was taken i cincerely apoligize and step out of this thread

Tailtom,I hate to see a prehaps new collector get reamed by these high priced sell anything for a buck dealers.I go back to 1969 and that doesn't mean squat as you learn that these guys are not your friendly neigborhood dealer/collectors.I could tell you true stories of some these "Honest Dealers"but what good would that do to this poor guy.Adrian,Bob Coleman and others know what i am saying.I saw some of the known dealers buying bad crap and then listing it or selling them as 110% good!!. Their is no oversear watching these bastards and its you better know what you are looking at and who you are dealing with or your screwed!!!Carl

Hey Guys, no offence taken, in fact the complete opposite. What you are doing is to try to help me, much appreciated. Unfortunately ,if this scabbard does infact prove to be post 1945, I doubt if I would have any recourse as I purchased it about 4 years ago.

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Tailtom,I hate to see a prehaps new collector get reamed by these high priced sell anything for a buck dealers.I go back to 1969 and that doesn't mean squat as you learn that these guys are not your friendly neigborhood dealer/collectors.I could tell you true stories of some these "Honest Dealers"but what good would that do to this poor guy.Adrian,Bob Coleman and others know what i am saying.I saw some of the known dealers buying bad crap and then listing it or selling them as 110% good!!. Their is no oversear watching these bastards and its you better know what you are looking at and who you are dealing with or your screwed!!!Carl
    i can understand it perfectly the thing being that i don't anyone can say its fully fake or fully original without haveing handled similar ones or knows a lot about dagger/swords

i seem to just upset people here or just cause arguments, sadly not why i participate, adieu, ciao, auf wiedersehen.

I asked a fellow collector who has Johnsons latest fall/winter 2010 catalog to check for SS honor dagger scabbards.On page 243-244 are three of them.One of them is according to Johnson a post-war assembled scabbard.They go for from $4,995to $9,995.Which did this fellow buy??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast