Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?

Article about: Dear Forum Experts Since a while I am "working" on buying an SS dagger. To so I read through forums like this and I studied documents like the "SS Dagger Basics" provided

Default Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?

Dear Forum Experts

Since a while I am "working" on buying an SS dagger. To so I read through forums like this and I studied documents like the "SS Dagger Basics" provided by lakesidetrader.com. I am now at a point where I found an interesting offer and from what I can say from my studies and from having seen such a dagger with my own eyes about 30 years ago the last time...it looks authentic. Then on the other hand if you check such forums where experts sometimes show fake daggers...I do not feel like being in a position to really judge on whether the thing is fake or not.

So I hope you guys can take a look at the picture of this very SS dagger and let me know if that somehow looks ok or if you rather suggest I should "run" from it.

Thanks a lot for your help, any comment or view is highly appreciated.

Best,
    Raphael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?   Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?  

Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?   Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?  

Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?   Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?  

Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?
    P
    Many

Hi Raphael..welcome to the forum.
    The dagger appears as a standard Ground Rohm Early Eickhorn.
    Only one thing that is noticeable is the gouge mark on the right side of the grip eagle which may be nothing as this type of wood can be brittle.
    Other than that ..a salty decent example

The SS number on the lower guard may be researchable of an identity of the owner.
    If interested the person to contact would be this Gent > Ross Kelbaugh: ssdolch@yahoo.com

He is an SS officer researcher ..and depending what he comes up with as some numbers can not be identified..the larger the dossier ...the price tag of the researcher can be expensive.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry

Thanks very much for your swift response on my posting...12 mins...amazing!

Thanks also for your judgement.....given the price that I am asked to pay for this (a mid 3 digit EUR amount....) I guess I will go for it. I also wonder what other experts think of it....but when I am reading through the forum here, I think your opinion matters pretty much.

The thing with the SS number identification I might do at a later stage. I have read a lot about it and also found some providers....and as you stated, have also seen some of their price tags...:-)

Thanks Larry & best regards
    Raphael

Age grey blades do not carry a high value ..but the dagger is what it is in the condition it is in.

The community would benefit if possible to post photos of the side of the tang and any markings on the tang itself.
    Taking a closer look ..Im inclined to think the grip eagle may have been replaced ..as Im seeing more distress on the left side of the grip eagle also.

The dagger is still all early period and may be why your price tag is in the 3 digit range.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, Hi Forum

Unfortunately it seems that the offer that was made to me related to the above dagger is fake. The guy that offered it to me seems to be well known of making such almost too-good-to-be-true type offerings. His trick is that he requires you to pay like half the price to him so that he then ships the dagger to you....only that the dagger shipping part of the process never seems to happen! Also he sits in Poland so in case you are sitting elsewhere, it is kind of difficult to get your money back.

Anyhow....seems to be another case of "if it's too good to be true...it probably is not true"....but still very frustrating!

Thanks to you, and especially Larry, for your help here!

Best,
    Raphael

Sounds like the old Pawel Nowak scam!

Quote by Spoerri78 View Post
    Hi Larry, Hi Forum

Unfortunately it seems that the offer that was made to me related to the above dagger is fake. The guy that offered it to me seems to be well known of making such almost too-good-to-be-true type offerings. His trick is that he requires you to pay like half the price to him so that he then ships the dagger to you....only that the dagger shipping part of the process never seems to happen! Also he sits in Poland so in case you are sitting elsewhere, it is kind of difficult to get your money back.

Anyhow....seems to be another case of "if it's too good to be true...it probably is not true"....but still very frustrating!

Thanks to you, and especially Larry, for your help here!

Best,
    Raphael
    Then with this person...this is only a photo of A dagger that is not in his possession and is using it as a scam advertisement as most scammers by stealing photos from websites such as these to further their short comings in reputation and honesty. Im glad you found out early and NEVER send money to anyone you dont know in this hobby. Try to work with a Third party person who may know the seller or deal with a very reputable seller.

Searching in this manner may take a bit longer..but worth the wait that you were not ripped off by a hoax.
    So ....this is still a win for you which you still have your money in your pocket.

Regards Larry