Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger

Article about: Hi guys, I'm new here and hereby greet you all very much. I have the chance to get this 1936 chained SS dagger. But I have my thoughts about the set. Something concern me. I need the help of

cdas
    ?

Default Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger

Hi guys,
    I'm new here and hereby greet you all very much.
    I have the chance to get this 1936 chained SS dagger.
    But I have my thoughts about the set. Something concern me. I need the help of some skilled collectors in this field.
    I have had in my hands, looked on it, felt it, but after a week I have now asked for photos.
    Please help me on this item.
    For answers, I thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
    Claus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger   Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger  

Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger   Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger  

Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger   Please comment on this 1936 chained SS dagger  

2. # ADS

Avoid. Fake blade. Died grip, fake SS button. Genuine ill fitted eagle

Scabbard may be ok, judging by chain and greening around top fitting. Repainted though.
    middle and bottom fitting is a replica imo.

Best matty

Could this be a 1960's era Spanish copy?

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am not comfortable with this one. I feel that the grind ridge on the blade is too sharp and the etch is not straight. I also agree with Matty about the eagle on the handle and these were never issued with a leather buffer, probably indicating a poor fit of the blade to the guard.
    Sorry, I will defer to others on the sheath.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am not comfortable with this one. I feel that the grind ridge on the blade is too sharp and the etch is not straight. I also agree with Matty about the eagle on the handle and these were never issued with a leather buffer, probably indicating a poor fit of the blade to the guard.
    Sorry, I will defer to others on the sheath.
    Ralph.
    Spot on Ralph. High ridge on blade also should be unmarked.

The scabbard chain looks ok I thought. Type 2 so should be nickel.

Bit of a mixture to keep one guessing me thinks!

Avoid anyway!! Matty

Ps welcome to the forum, I didn't notice it was your first post. (apologies)

Hi Cdas...welcome to the forum..looks like someone went to alot of trouble to try to prove its authenticity. Im mainly noticing the chain links which most of them are separated and then reconnected to the the tabs . Possibly the connecting links may be real. The tabs are possibly repro and the Blade is postwar junk. The grip is not worth a comment.
    The craftmanship is not there at all..and is not consistent with other chained examples. Parts dagger. Save your chance for a better example Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A Frankenstein...a few real parts and the rest phony rubbish.....I would avoid this one-it's not worth buying even for the few bits it has that May be genuine...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

While it might have a genuine part or two - I really don't care for it at all as either parts or a complete dagger. Fred

?

Well Gents be fair, if its kept in its scabbard and nicely attached to a wall, a bit to high for a reach...
    For 100 dollars it would make a great display

cdas
    ?

Hello,

I thank you all for taking your time making a comment to the dagger. I had some concern myself, and you have also had the same concerns.
    And yes, it could be used for display, but I would never be 100% satisfied myself. I would know what problems the dagger has.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
    Claus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast