Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted

Article about: I respect and apriciate your opinion, but a real one is not option, end of story. No disrespect meant, really, I just like to be clear XD I can''t cough up that amount of money without selli

Default Re: Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted

I respect and apriciate your opinion, but a real one is not option, end of story. No disrespect meant, really, I just like to be clear XD I can''t cough up that amount of money without selling half of my collection XD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted
    P
    Many

The grip eagle looks like a kookaburra !!

Any extremely good 'replica' is probably going to be sold as a supposed original,
    and is also going to be quite expensive for the amount of work/realism involved.

As said, I also think you should buy a genuine piece - but I expect you want one
    that is close to 'mint' - and perhaps that is why you've mentioned selling prices
    between $4000 to $7000. There are lots of originals around for $1500 to
    $2500, although not 'mint' and not chained.

I feel what you are looking for does not exist for very little money.

Keep the cheap one on the wall until you can afford
    a genuine one, is my advice.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Or another option is to buy an SA dagger... you can find some examples for as little as $500 ... I think you would enjoy that much more. AND ITS REAL!!

I have looked for SA daggers and found once to my liking for about 500 to 600. It's also not a must for the dagger to chained, it would settle for a piece without the chain.

However it is becoming clear that there's nothing to be had in between china knock off and real deal.... What a shame as this will mean I will probably never own one to my satisfaction.

Patience is the key!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by TheSkyer View Post
    I have looked for SA daggers and found once to my liking for about 500 to 600. It's also not a must for the dagger to chained, it would settle for a piece without the chain.

However it is becoming clear that there's nothing to be had in between china knock off and real deal.... What a shame as this will mean I will probably never own one to my satisfaction.
    THE FAKE ONE SHOULDN'T BE TO YOUR SATISFACTION... the worst SA is better than the best FAKE pos.... get an SA you'll be happy you did.. if you'll spend $200 on a fake but not $500 on a real blade... you need to think about that.

The blade pictured below is my SA .. from lakeside trader .. $800+ range.. it looks even better in person.. that's better than a chained fake ..no?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quality SS Dagger reproduction wanted  

I have to admit that the SA dagger you posted is a true beauty. I would probably be able to pay for one of those with a bit of time.

I respect the fact that you guys are all about authenticity and I can relate to that. With my katana I won't settle for anything less than a handmade masterpiece by a well known Japanese master smith.

I might go for an SA dagger in the future although its not what I had in mind. The SS dagger is quite a unique thing and has had me in its grip for white a while. Its truly miraculous, I never had this kind of connection so quickly. Normal this kind of obsession evolves after I already own a couple of pieces of a certain collectible.

Anyhow, Thanks for all the info and constructive feedback. Who knows, maybe I'll stickvarround and.broaden my knowledge about the SA a bit (since I know very little about them)

I think the guys have given you good advice: go for a nice SA.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think you can find a repo on ebay for around $79.95.But why would you want a piece of junk in your collection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast