Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

question about 941/38

Article about: Hello is it possible to find a 941/38 dagger without "original" ? I read a thread in this forum and Larry said no here, another opinion: SS RZM TRANSITIONALS - A FULL LIST of ALL:

?

Default question about 941/38

Hello
    is it possible to find a 941/38 dagger without "original" ?
    I read a thread in this forum and Larry said no
    here, another opinion:
    SS RZM TRANSITIONALS - A FULL LIST of ALL: - GermanDaggers.com

what do you think ?

thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier
    question about 941/38

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement question about 941/38
    P
    Many

Didier, There has been heated debate on the "Original" and "No Original" Eickhorns for some good long time now. Many collectors are now accepting that the 941/38 SS with No "Original" may, indeed, be a rare variant. Unfortunately, the one you have posted here does not match the Makers marks of the other "No Original" 941/38's. The SS Runes are much too large and the "4" on this one has an "open top" whereas the others have "Closed top" 4's.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Didier..good to see you here I have been known to make mistakes in the past and I will admit that fact. Could you supply a link to the thread in question so I can examine why I posted a comment of that nature?

Give this link a try. RZM Numbers Regards Larry

scroll down to the 5th section
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello Larry
    it's that thread, I made a mistake ?
    Eickhorn Transitional SS Dagger for opinions...

I noticed a bad fit between grip-crossguard, am I right ?

Thank you William for explanations
    cordially
    Didier

My quote from post #10 of that thread..and I still stand behind my wording. None since 2012 has posted or even met the challenge of the 1938 Original...no original anomaly. The GDC I provided in this new thread here...does not show the "original" at all and those reference sources are update periodically. Below is my quote from that 2012 Thread

Quote: For one the dagger has been opened like most SS daggers,,,but this one being a "minty mint dagger" that looks like it was in a time capsule all of a sudden has swirl marks on the top! Why would of this been opened and for what reason? As far as the logo is concerned I would encourage more opinions and supportive documentation on this type of logo for 1938. If I am to be proven wrong,, then I accept that. Lets hear it! ( Wittmanns SS book is good reading for starters and then an endless sea of web links) ...The grip I am not changing my mind on... the runes button is original..and it really helped me decide the fate of the grip. I will not go into detail about that! Since this has already been opened and the seller has obliged you with more photos ((May I also ask what the selling price may be for this jewel?)) I am sure a clean and mint example like this would make a great example in a reference book and should fetch a high dollar amount! $3500? or more?
    I encourage more opinions on this topic, as I should not have the last word. What are other collectors feelings and findings on this besides those who have already commented, but those who have already commented are still welcome. Larry

I have said in the past..if there are any unanswered threads...please bring them to the top and is still open for discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Excuse my bad english, not easy to explain !!
    if we suppose daggers without "original" exist, why can we find the same marks, same "4", same SS ??
    Wittmann Militaria #36427C Mid-Period Transistional SS Enlisted Man's Double Proof Dagger

and, how are we sure that a good one is with a closed 4 and little SS ?

not easy to understand...

cordially
    Didier