Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

Article about: My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945. I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German dag

If there is any further viable evidence that can be contributed to this thread supporting this dagger...do not open a new thread..but contact me by PM and will reopen the thread if warranted.

Follow the drama here > Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-28-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger
    P
    Many

After significant research, study, discussion, and comparison, this thread is being revived to notify myself and others (some members of this forum) have completed a research project on these prototype SS pieces. There are a few traits, which are unique to th prototype SS and SA daggers, which are the focus of a forthcoming reference article. Moreover, we have identified 4 of these prototype/Christmas SS daggers in collections throughout the world (and significantly more SA prototypes).
    Last edited by Title King; 12-20-2019 at 09:16 PM.

I guess when you publish the reference article others will make up their mind as to strength of the claims.

Larry C can attest that there are affidavits from the family now, as well as debunking of some of the concerns raised initially, by members including himself. For example, there is in fact crossgrain like one would expect on any political piece. Moreover, the grip is indeed a "black" grip with some browning, which the OP's photos emphasize over the original blackening. Finally, we have located 3 additional pieces which share certain unseen characteristics.

No need to drip feed the new information, let's see the "reference article".

Quote by wagner View Post
    I see a SS marked motto blade, a SS grip roundel, but no black SS grip.

Recently seen several of these type's of daggers with what looked to me as artificially distressed blades exhibiting full Rohm and Partial Rohm dedications (both E-Pack and Eickhorn).
    I also see more of these 'Christmas daggers' coming out of late from the so called 'woodwork', then anytime combined since the end of the war.

- Serge
    Please share these types of these E. Pack daggers that you have seen.

It will be published in the future. There was a preview emailed out a few weeks ago.

COMING SOON: Prototype SS and SA Dagger Reference

?

Quote by Title King View Post
    Please share these types of these E. Pack daggers that you have seen.
    You first.
    I will respond on this thread after I reviewed your in-depth research on this subject.

This thread will be temporarily closed until the article is published and will reopen for discussion once posted.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The thread is now reopened.
    I want to take this time to make an announcement for the researchers and collectors alike who would like to delve deeper into a topic that not enough data had been available until recently through the help of some advanced collections and contributions from many globally.

As I had done in the past with the release of referenced material of Authors on topic of collecting Edged weapons..I want to post a link to Title Kings website which myself and others have come to an agreement through deeper study of all details and fittings of this obscure early type SS dagger.

The First of the Best: Early and Prototype SS Daggers | Elite Relics

Those interested is a very affordable ( under $20 US ) booklet that can be ordered through the above link.

Regards Larry

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast