Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake SS dagger?/

Article about: Hello everbody , I found this dagger for 500€ , but i not have idea is real or not , someone can help me?

Jie
    ?

Default Real or fake SS dagger?/

Hello everbody , I found this dagger for 500€ , but i not have idea is real or not , someone can help me?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake SS dagger?/   Real or fake SS dagger?/  

Real or fake SS dagger?/   Real or fake SS dagger?/  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake SS dagger?/
    P
    Many

Jie
    ?

This going to be my first SS dagger

I dont think this will be the first one for you. Oddly this appears to be a dagger that has been posted here a long time ago.
    compare the details with this Boker SS from one of our members

New arrival. A near perfect Böker. :-)

The dagger you think you may want has been taken apart or has been put together with varied fittings from other daggers.
    I would encourage you to read through some of the SS dagger threads in this sub forum. Dont spend your money foolishly without doing some research first.

A decent early Boker SS dagger in the current market $4400 US.
    The District stamping II on the lower guard has been post war applied and is too large of a font.

You can take a look into our forum sponsor Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals
    take your time and study first ..do not be an Ebay type buyer of impulse.
    Make your money work for you.

Welcome to the forum
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

And for my learning experience. If you don't mind me asking Larry,
    I noticed in my search on this site that the other SS Boker's had the district I marking on the cross guard.
    Your mention of the post war II markings was noted ,but
    Would this also be something off on this or did district II have Boker's?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Good question Phil..SS district stamping were seen on all early SS produced daggers not just Boker.

seen here in Ades thread > SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch distribution markings & Early producers

The district II marking are the most rarely seen in todays market III being more common and I being most commonly seen. The crossguard marking was modified with a failed attempt to increase the value.

Not all SS produced daggers shared all three district distribution points ...but most of them did upon contract.
    Not under contract with the district but under the SS leadership who contracted the daggers and decided what point of distribution they would be sent.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't believe this is the same dagger that Krisse posted previously.
    If it is, someone has neglected it since Krisse posted it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Jie
    ?

then the brand II found in the guard has been a later modification to increase the value?

Jie
    ?

the truth that this dagger aesthetically I like a lot, but if it is a fake it would be a pity

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't believe this is the same dagger that Krisse posted previously.
    If it is, someone has neglected it since Krisse posted it.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph you are correct ..that the 2 daggers are not the same. I was using Krisse example to highlight the differences in detail of the one that Jie has posted. Krisse example stands out in detail and craft. A true Boker
    the one Jie has posted I feel I have seen before.

@ Jie ...yes many collectors feel the same as you when they see a decent looking dagger and aesthetically grabs anyones attention.
    It takes one detail that is not correct or never was correct in the first place to devalue the dagger.

The dagger itself is early period and authentic..I just dont believe that it is a whole Boker and the large district stamping which should be on the reverse side of the grip ( which the dagger has been opened many times due to the stress on the tang nut ) .... leads me to think otherwise of being unmessed with.

Regards Larry

I have a SS Furth School Dedication Dagger I’m selling
    soon .. any peeps looking for one Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast