Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?

Article about: My Uncle who is now 89 who was on the boats on D-Day he was in the armour reg and fought his way through to Hannover & Braunschwerg. He has shown me this dagger of his and I'm on a missi

Hannah Towers
    ?

Default Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?

My Uncle who is now 89 who was on the boats on D-Day he was in the armour reg and fought his way through to Hannover & Braunschwerg. He has shown me this dagger of his and I'm on a mission to find if its real and if its worth anything for him. If its really how much is it worth and if its nowthow much is it worth? thank you for your time. P.S he was given this dagger after the war and he did not pick this up himself (hence the reason we are asking).
    Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?

2. # ADS

Default Re: Real or Fake SS Dagger RZM M7/36?

Sadly, I am going to have to say that it's a postwar dagger which seems to have been either artificially aged, or badly stored with an excess of the aging/corrosion (IMO) affecting the blade - and a number of other problems. FP

Hello Hannah and welcome to the forum,, unfortunately as Fred has specified, that it is definitely post war and my guess for a repro which looks like to be a Spanish made copy could be worth $50-$100. It makes for a nice wall hanger in a mans den. These repros were mass produced because of the desirability of the authentic examples. Thank you for sharing your photos! Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sadly it is a copy. Lots of problems: Buffer pad: Himmler dedication blades were never RZM marked, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!