Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Repro SS dagger?

Article about: Is that E.T. in a bikini....???

Default Re: Repro SS dagger?

Someone buy that dagger a sandwich.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repro SS dagger?
    P
    Many

?

Awful repro even to My untrained eye

I wouldn't even throw that thing in my tackle box! .............Congrats on the 5000th William!

?

save gas

This is the kind of fake that makes even the bad reproductions look good!! Fred

Aww..C'mon, Fred...you Know you want it... lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Aww..C'mon, Fred...you Know you want it... lol
    William, Not even if gasoline was 10 cents a gallon. But I like the idea of 10 cents a gallon. Fred

?

I'm glad everyone had fun with this dagger! The lady selling the dagger had other stuff to sell so I went and took a look. The dagger is actually a miniature and I asked her if it was a a repro. The lady was a sweet old grandmotherly type like the one that sold Barny Fife that lemon car on the Andy Griffith Show. Anyway, she she told me it was a salesman's demo dagger, was produced during WW2 period and is very rare. She said it was worth $600-$700. Has anyone ever heard of a salesman's demo SS dagger?

She is wrong. This appears be one of the Indian/Pakistani-made fakes. The Spanish repros have a different scabbard...I'm sure we'd like to see what other rare goodies Grandma has, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Yes Pablo there are salesmans examples ...miniatures...which did run in price of what she quoted but many years ago....some demo samples still are the same in pricing as their full size counter parts. But Now the full size examples are creeping higher in price.
    BigmacGlenn describes it best as an Middle Eastern production..as well as everyone elses comments. The original miniatures were close to exact in detail except the girth of the blade differed.
    This example is a fleamarket special. I would buy this item and pay $4 dollars for it just to throw it in the trash. The group who produced these daggers must of copied the image 10,000 times and looked at it through a soda bottle reflection. This dagger is not even funny..its that bad..but I always love the storys people like to tell about an item to up the worth. I dont have the heart to hold an old woman over the fire..when they tell stories like this,,,,just smile and wait for the Fuhrer Standard to come out of the cedar chest next
    Glenn has the right idea..Im up for some cookies right about now.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast